Thread: Vortex Sparc AR

Vortex Sparc AR

After I read the Calibre article on the Vortex Sparc AR I thought it would be the perfect little red dot for my IUR. It's about $300 in Canada, but I found one NIB on eBay for $140USD and it showed up in the mail today. My first thought was, it is certainly a small unit compared to some of the other sights out there, although it has an integral riser, and is quite light. It comes with a shim for a 1/3 co-witness, but I installed it without for an absolute co-witness with my troy folding sights. It also came with a energizer AAA battery, and according to the manual that should last for 300 hours at the highest setting. If you accidentally leave it on, it will turn off automatically after 12 hours. Looks quite at home on the CC IUR, and I am very happy with the price and appearance so far.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet on the range, but maybe in the next week or two I'll be able to sight it in and provide a report. Anyone else out there using it?

Senior Member Weekend Gunslingers's Avatar
    Yep, got one on my CX4 Storm. Works great so far.
    "Never step in anything soft"
    Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYm...-sW1YrMRwIkTaQ

Necro thread alert!

I’m thinking of getting one. You guys still happy with yours?
    Dictionary of the future:
    Global Warming was a popular computer simulation game,
    where the only way to win was not to play.

Senior Member Weekend Gunslingers's Avatar
    I sure am. Got two of them at the moment. One on the CX4 and one on the X95
    "Never step in anything soft"
    Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYm...-sW1YrMRwIkTaQ

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Weekend Gunslingers

Doug_M (04-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Necro thread alert! Iím thinking of getting one. You guys still happy with yours?
    I would get the Spitfire if you're leaning that way (1x or 3x, depending on purpose and budget, but both more than the OP's) because they're not just holographic dots, but lit up etchings.

So if your battery dies on a red dot you're totally SOL, but if the battery dies on the Spitfire you can still use it just fine (in daylight) because the circle and dot in the middle are just black like a normal scope so you've still got a fully functional optic, even in bright sun.

Turning these on just makes the reticle bright red or bright green so things are even easier to see.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

I had discounted the Spitfire because I thought there was only a 3x which has a required eye-relief. I want to avoid that as I will be teaching my son to shoot with it (irons on the 22 are too crappy and not worth upgrading). But looking at Vortexí site it seems the 1x Spitfire also has an eye relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    I had discounted the Spitfire because I thought there was only a 3x which has a required eye-relief. I want to avoid that as I will be teaching my son to shoot with it (irons on the 22 are too crappy and not worth upgrading). But looking at Vortex’ site it seems the 1x Spitfire also has an eye relief.
    Sorry I'm discovering this one week too late.

I just sold my barely-used like-new Spitfire 1x, because I moved up to the 3x after loving the 1x so much.

It was on the Equipment Exchange here for much less than I was asking for it on CGN.

I got it about a year ago in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's because it was discontinued. I think it was around $400 on for $250. Just sold it for $300.
    Donít order from Wolverine Supplies. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I just sold my barely-used like-new Spitfire 1x, because I moved up to the 3x after loving the 1x so much.
    So was it "unlimited" eye-relief or was there a specific distance you need to be from the ocular lense? For the 1x that is. The 3x is listed as having a specific eye-relief.

The Sparc is standing up well. It took me a little to get used to also seeing the iron sights in my sight picture (I can fold them down, but was trying it out) and overall I am very happy with it. I've also come to appreciate how small it is; I thought at first the size of the sight would make it harder to gain the target, but it actually helps you stay more aware of what else is downrange other than what is in your sight picture.

Got a Sparc at the same time as my Sport2, mounted as co-witness also. It's doing the job as advertised.