Aimpoint PRO magnifier

I've been operating a PRO for some years now but have been discouraged from getting a magnifier to make it telescopic by the high price Aimpoint demands for their 3X unit. Last time I looked I believe they were going for around $600 and that was before the loonie drowned 2 years ago. So I'm wondering if anyone has had good performance from one of the cheaper knockoff magnifiers?

Another issue is regarding the mounts available. Back when I was looking, LaRue was making the best one, a tip-away that left the optic still attached to the rail. Of course LaRue is unable to sell to Canada, so that seems to be out, but has another company come up with a similar idea? Or what are people using for their red dots?

No issues at all with the PRO btw. Given what my intended useage was, I still think it's the best optic available for under $1000.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I've been operating a PRO for some years now but have been discouraged from getting a magnifier to make it telescopic by the high price Aimpoint demands for their 3X unit. Last time I looked I believe they were going for around $600 and that was before the loonie drowned 2 years ago. So I'm wondering if anyone has had good performance from one of the cheaper knockoff magnifiers?

Another issue is regarding the mounts available. Back when I was looking, LaRue was making the best one, a tip-away that left the optic still attached to the rail. Of course LaRue is unable to sell to Canada, so that seems to be out, but has another company come up with a similar idea? Or what are people using for their red dots?

No issues at all with the PRO btw. Given what my intended useage was, I still think it's the best optic available for under $1000.

RDSC(?) was selling a magnifier/dot combo (with mount IIRC) in January for peanuts (around $1k...)

<EDIT>

Nope, everything is priced in the stratosphere. Mind you, there's a pretty decent selection of mounts nowadays.

Doesn't vortex have a magnifier with flip?

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    RDSC(?) was selling a magnifier/dot combo (with mount IIRC) in January for peanuts (around $1k...)

<EDIT>

Nope, everything is priced in the stratosphere. Mind you, there's a pretty decent selection of mounts nowadays.
    $1000? Peanuts for a man of my wealth, not.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Ruff

firemachine69 (03-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua13 View Post
    Doesn't vortex have a magnifier with flip?

The Vortex has a flip off, but not a 'flip and stay mounted for an easy fiip back' mount, last I knew anyway. I'll look again, I'd even forgotten the brand name and it's an obviously good improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    The Vortex has a flip off, but not a 'flip and stay mounted for an easy fiip back' mount, last I knew anyway. I'll look again, I'd even forgotten the brand name and it's an obviously good improvement.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Joshua13

firemachine69 (03-05-2017)

Think I just found the optics combo I want for my ACR...

Excellent, functions just like the LaRue mount except it flips to the opposite side, glad I waited. Thanks very much!