Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,674

    Alternative Lenders

    Hi All,
    I need to find an alternative lender. Regular financial institutions aren't going to cut it.

    There's a situation with a family property, and the person looking to take it over from their parents isn't able to get the CRA letter anytime soon. The owners are going into a home on short notice, so that won't be ready by then. Outside of the letter issue, everything else checks out pretty good with history and ability for payment, etc.

    As an extra quirk, they put a mini-home on the property without subdivision it out at that time. There should be a lot of equity, especially if the value of the second home after subdivision is considered.

    If anybody knows a reputable lender, especially with flexibility and creative thinking; please let me know.

    Thanks,
    SV

  2. #2
    Senior Member goosesniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350
    Is this a farm property? Typically out buildings do not add value to a property. Having a mini home on it could be a liability. Regardless, to little info on the property type to give any specifications or recommendations.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by goosesniper View Post
    Is this a farm property? Typically out buildings do not add value to a property. Having a mini home on it could be a liability. Regardless, to little info on the property type to give any specifications or recommendations.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No sense going into a lot of details on mostly private affairs.
    Looking for alternative lenders, not regular banks. As for mini home, it's opportunity not liability. As soon as title around it is registered, it's worth about as much as any other house.

    Only recommendations looking for are contact names better than random googling, is all. Alternative lenders can be flexible and see how to take advantage of future value, etc.

  4. #4
    Senior Member goosesniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350
    Sorry then. Can't help.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member goosesniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    No sense going into a lot of details on mostly private affairs.
    Looking for alternative lenders, not regular banks. As for mini home, it's opportunity not liability. As soon as title around it is registered, it's worth about as much as any other house.

    Only recommendations looking for are contact names better than random googling, is all. Alternative lenders can be flexible and see how to take advantage of future value, etc.
    Private affairs. The only thing private is the names of the people, address, and other personal information. Telling the property type and more detail does not violate privacy. Anyways.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bantario
    Posts
    3,176
    OP:

    You do realize they've recently been seriously cracking down on folks who don't play by the rules when it comes to financing, right?

  7. #7
    Señor Member Dewey Cox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Middle East Alberta
    Posts
    2,685
    Try farm credit Canada.
    I'm assuming it's farmland?
    Or there might be a provincial equivalent in your province.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

  8. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

    SIR VEYOR (03-24-2017)

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    OP:

    You do realize they've recently been seriously cracking down on folks who don't play by the rules when it comes to financing, right?
    Never said I was looking for illegal options.

    But there are options and flexibility in amounts, conditions, etc. between lenders. Some of the payment options may seem painful, but it all depends on both sides and possible negotiations.

    Instead of straight mortgage concept, maybe land development as part of supporting the financing. Part stays in family, part pays everything off, both sides happy with their returns. As one example.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Try farm credit Canada.
    I'm assuming it's farmland?
    Or there might be a provincial equivalent in your province.
    It would best be considered dormant woodlot/farmland at best.

    Thank you, I'll give them a look

  11. #10
    Senior Member coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Kamloops, BC
    Posts
    2,804
    I've been down this road, there are the big ones like Alpine credits. Super easy, here's your money, but wow is it hard to claw your way out. I ended up going through a mortgage broker friend who knew private lenders, he arranged everything for me to get out of Alpine credit and into something quite a bit better. I would suggest to find a broker in your area, most of these smaller private lenders seem to stick to their area.

    Good luck and make sure you sign a no penalty for leaving deal... That's one of the many places they trap you! Oh and the startup fee is another trick they like to use.

  12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By coastal

    SIR VEYOR (03-24-2017), Swampdonkey (03-23-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Forces Lenders to Cut Off Gun Sellers With ‘High Risk’ Label
    By Mad Hatter in forum Canadian Firearms News, Headlines and Polls
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •