Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    It's not that anybody cares how he makes money... but when he says he agrees with the portion of the firearms act that makes that money for him it seems like a conflict of interest. Makes people question if their interests are being put first or if it's all about the dollar.
    I think it's only a true conflict for those that want to make it a conflict. I don't like the required training and licensing but it's not unreasonable for a group that wants to educate the public to take that position. It's not a big deal to me, really.

Quote Originally Posted by enerflex View Post
    Why shouldn't be free, a organization can put on Firearms courses and have volunteer instructors do free courses, even one a week with a class of 10, that's 500+ a year based on one area and one instructor.
    Problem is that no one is willing to do it for free, they all want money including the orgs
    Free? Why do so many people expect stuff for free these days? Expecting others to donate their time and money so they can freeload is pretty lame. If you can't afford the course, go get a job and make some money, because the gun stores aren't giving out guns and ammo for free either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I'm aware... I don't think there is a conspiracy. I do think his vision maybe a little clouded by the cash... again, if it's not about the cash why is his pal course $90 more than the cheapest I found?
    Maybe because it's done in a classroom rather than someones basement? When C-68 came into law I decided to take the course even though I could have challenged it. I already owned firearms. It was $150 IIRC. That was 20 years ago. $220 doesn't seem so bad in that context. But why not charge what the market will bear or the market dictates? Silvercore charges $225. Doesn't matter if you are getting training on driving, basket weaving or firearms, people pay for courses.

Quote Originally Posted by WSA View Post
    Maybe because it's done in a classroom rather than someones basement? When C-68 came into law I decided to take the course even though I could have challenged it. I already owned firearms. It was $150 IIRC. That was 20 years ago. $220 doesn't seem so bad in that context. But why not charge what the market will bear or the market dictates? Silvercore charges $225. Doesn't matter if you are getting training on driving, basket weaving or firearms, people pay for courses.
    Teach it in the public schools, make it part of the mandatory curriculum. Problem solved. Except for the gangbangers who don't go to school.

(I know, I'm dreamin' like this will ever happen)

And now, back to the infighting!
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

4. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Waterloomike (03-27-2017)

If it's $90 and it's full of students, it must not be too much.

He does train the RCMP. Maybe he's better than most.

I really don't get what the big deal is over his price.

Don't want to pay $90, don't go.

This has gone on longer than the original rant by Loberg.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910