Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Here's the photochop troll pic, I wouldn't want to be compared to that pasty tax-suckling harridan either, especially if I had to deal with her politely in a professional capacity in any way. Hard to believe it got him that hot under the collar, but isn't private stuff private? Non-issue, IMO.

CSSA CCFR

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Strewth

Tactical870 (03-25-2017)

I don't know how it makes Tracey Wilson or Michael Loberg money. Rod runs a school, sure. But once the CCFR was up and running there were elections and Rod was voted in with the members knowing full well what he does for a living and what his views on licensing are. We're lucky to have him. The CCFR as not the NFA nor the CSSA. It's goal is to make the public who are afraid of guns and us unafraid. That paves the way for other orgs to lobby to change laws.
    Pew pew pew

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

Relic49 (03-26-2017), Tactical870 (03-25-2017)

The CCFR as not the NFA nor the CSSA. It's goal is to make the public who are afraid of guns and us unafraid
    Telling them that you're going to rip off their heads and shit down their necks is maybe not the best way to win hearts and minds?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    We're lucky to have him.
    [sarcasm] Personable, knowledgeable, eager, people, on this topic, grow on trees. [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    Telling them that you're going to rip off their heads and shit down their necks is maybe not the best way to win hearts and minds?
    The CCFR did no such thing.
    Pew pew pew

This is an opportunity to mention a few things worth considering, not just about Mike. This is the situation from where I see it, take it or leave it.

First, the CCFR and other info people should know. For us to have accomplished all that we have in 18 months, it has been an unimaginable amount of work. My last business project ended about the time the CCFR was just starting up. I work with venture funded startup companies and other business development work, Civil Advantage is not my primary business (Google will tell you that). I personally took 18 months off work to support this effort. I've been teaching the CFSC on the weekends to pay the bills. I'm just starting a new business project now after all this time. Mike's contributions to the CCFR are approaching six figures in services and donations. Tracey, Jamie, Serge, and many others have made building the CCFR an actual focus in their life. All of our "non-work" time is spent trying to out do ourselves every two months so that someday we won't need to be fighting for simple reforms that make sense to the simplest people. Someday hopefully we won't need the CCFR. We did this all because we saw that there was a need for an organization like the CCFR. The reaction from mainstream gun owners, media and government has proven this.

We took this endeavor on willingly. We know what any community of humans is like. There are those who have mental issues, who think it should be done a different way and think; "instead of doing myself, I'll just tell someone else how to do it". And when, as one might predict, those people don't receive the level of recognition they believe they deserve, they feel burning the whole thing down will get them the attention they wanted in the first place. These people are truly the enemy within. They deplete more energy and destroy more effort than any anti-gun group or government. They’ve prevented a lot of work from being done and discouraged a lot of good people from getting involved.

I'm going to be honest. There are a lot of times I think "why the hell am I wasting all this time when I could actually be shooting guns or camping or making money". Life was a lot more fun when I spent my time working and did some firearm review videos from time to time. There are a lot of times I get abused by people so weak, they won't even use their real name much less pick up a shovel and start digging with the rest of us.

Internet culture can be a wild beast. Usually it's me that gets abused and I'm used to it. I took the bait once and it blew up on me, I learned a lot from that experience. Mike got trolled by some anonymous coward. He took the bait, most of us have once or twice. So I'd say cut him some slack as he's done a lot for millions of gunnies he's never met, expecting nothing in return. I might also say that if someone is reacting and needs a little support we should be there to provide it. Even if it's sending a guy a message saying "have a beer bro, it's not worth it"; or at the very least, give this some thought before piling on.

Rod.
    Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

9. The Following 18 Users Like This Post By CivilAdvantage

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

coastal (03-26-2017), Coke (03-26-2017), DanN (03-27-2017), Doug_M (03-26-2017), glockfan (03-26-2017), GonZo (03-26-2017), GTW (03-25-2017), ilikemoose (03-26-2017), Magi (03-26-2017), Malus (03-26-2017), mavrik9 (03-26-2017), NSCgirl (03-26-2017), Relic49 (03-26-2017), ROADGLIDE45 (03-27-2017), SIR VEYOR (03-26-2017), Strewth (03-26-2017), Tactical870 (03-25-2017), Zedbra (03-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by CivilAdvantage View Post
    He took the bait, most of us have once or twice. So I'd say cut him some slack as he's done a lot for millions of gunnies he's never met, expecting nothing in return.
    Absolutely agree and you have my support. We have forgotten that to err is human!

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Magi

Tactical870 (03-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Here's the photochop troll pic, I wouldn't want to be compared to that pasty tax-suckling harridan either, especially if I had to deal with her politely in a professional capacity in any way. Hard to believe it got him that hot under the collar, but isn't private stuff private? Non-issue, IMO.

Well... it is true.

Is it legit?

My first impression was either:
    1) hacked account
    2) fake picture

It's very easy to manipulate browser text from any website or webapplication (like Facebook, Twitter, etc) and screenshot it to make a fake character assassination.

If it is real, I don't care what the content was, but rather that it was a pretty excessive display of unnecessary emotion. Emotions get you into trouble on the internet - which is why you should do your best to never share them.

Share your thoughts instead and you're far less likely to get in trouble.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By harbl_the_cat

Strewth (03-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Well... it is true.
    No it's not. If you're going to make slanderous statements, feel free to back them up.

16. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Tactical870

Grizz Axxemann (03-25-2017), Relic49 (03-26-2017)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast