Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Did the a CCRF board member just go off the deep end?

OK, I can honestly say i'm not much of a political guy when it comes to Firearms Organizations anymore since the NFA went off the deep end.

But I did join the CCFR and the CSSA recently.

But then I saw this today trolling the internet.

Anyone know what the hell the CCFR is thinking allowing someone to post threats of violence as a board member??? I think this guy should be turfed ASAP!!!

I guess its over a meme and a reddit post thats at the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/canadaguns/...t_gun_control/

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.png

Is this supposed to be CCFR?'

That's a worse public display than even I would engage in.

Damn, that's 3x for the CCFR.

But I would still maintain that Rod is a good man for the cause.

Vetting, however, appears to be weak.

Give me Liberty or .....

It's a flimsy pretext, but the CFO could try to justify a prohibition based on this. Not smart.

From the CCFR site:

Michael Loberg
    General Counsel

Michael Loberg is a commercial litigation lawyer and businessman in Calgary, Alberta and proud to be a Founding Director of the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights. Michael also serves as General Counsel to the CCFR. Michael’s background includes an honours degree in philosophy from the University of Calgary, with a thesis on Legal Rights and Morality, before going on to graduate from the University of Alberta Faculty of Law. Michael has been admitted as a Barrister & Solicitor in Alberta, an Attorney-at-Law in the Cayman Islands, and as a Solicitor of the High Court of England & Wales (now active in Alberta only). Michael began shooting in his youth and enjoys participating in and learning about all shooting sports to this day.
    Hope this is a scam, we don't need this. Very disappointing if true.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Everyone is entitled to a little frustration every now and then. Whoever made that meme is a pretty sorry excuse of a human being. Having worked alongside those 3, they have contributed more to this fight in the first month of the CCFR than most gun owners will in a lifetime. They certainly deserve more respect than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical870 View Post
    Everyone is entitled to a little frustration every now and then. Whoever made that meme is a pretty sorry excuse of a human being. Having worked alongside those 3, they have contributed more to this fight in the first month of the CCFR than most gun owners will in a lifetime. They certainly deserve more respect than this.
    Agreed, whoever made that meme is a sorry excuse for a human being. But Mr. Loberg sure rose to the bait like a trout to a fly and didn't do any one associated with the CCFR any favours. IMHO, he didn't do any CCFR member justice, if in fact this is an actual copy of a dialogue on social media. When will people realize tweeting or facebook is not your friend?
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Quote Originally Posted by GTW View Post
    Agreed, whoever made that meme is a sorry excuse for a human being. But Mr. Loberg sure rose to the bait like a trout to a fly and didn't do any one associated with the CCFR any favours. IMHO, he didn't do any CCFR member justice, if in fact this is an actual copy of a dialogue on social media. When will people realize tweeting or facebook is not your friend?
    I've made my fair share of mistakes, and so have many of the people I've seen critical of Michael's comments. I think we need to remember we're all on the same side here. Eating our own is of no benefit to anyone.

Eating our own is of no benefit to anyone.
    I learned from bitter experience to wait 24 hrs to post a reply when something made me mad or someone baited me. Not trying to eat one of our own, and I am a CCFR member, but how much public support or empathy for gunowners do you think that diatribe by a Board member of the CCFR garnered? Talk about walking into Wendy's lap, she couldn't have hoped for a better response IMHO.

I repeat, disappointed. Too much good work by Rod & Tracy and all of the people volunteering can be undone by stupidity.
    Last edited by GTW; 03-25-2017 at 12:16 AM.

I would also point out that at no point did his comment threaten actual violence. It essentially said he'd deal with him online, albeit in more glorious words. I've said worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical870 View Post
    I would also point out that at no point did his comment threaten actual violence. It essentially said he'd deal with him online, albeit in more glorious words. I've said worse.
    Horseshit.
    I'm going to f*** with them until their eyes bleed...
    I'm going to rip his f***ing head off...
    Vengeance.
    Yeah, the guy's a clown making threats on the internet, all because his panties are twisted because of what someone said on the internet.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

11. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Rory McCanuck

3MTA3 (03-26-2017), awndray (03-26-2017), Booletsnotreactwell (03-27-2017)

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast