Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    San Diego police killed boy, 15, in school parking lot

Associated PressMay 6, 2017

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Police shot and killed a 15-year-old student Saturday after he pointed a BB gun at them in a high school parking lot, authorities said.

The Torrey Pines High School student called 911 shortly before 3:30 a.m. to ask officers to check on the welfare of an unarmed boy in front of the school, according to a police statement.

He didn't name the boy, but investigators later determined he was referring to himself, police said.

When two officers arrived, they spotted a youth in the front parking lot. But as they got out of their patrol cars, he pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at an officer, police said.

The officers drew their guns and ordered him to drop the weapon. But instead he began to walk toward an officer, ignoring more demands to drop the weapon, police said.

Both officers fired, hitting him several times. They performed first aid and summoned paramedics, but the teen was pronounced dead at a hospital, police said.

The gun was found to be a BB air pistol.

Police didn't release the teen's name because of his age.

"Our hearts go out to the student, his family and his friends," said a statement from Eric Dill, superintendent of the San Diego Union High School District.

A crisis-response team will be on campus Monday to support students, staff and parents, Dill said. Counseling also will be available at all district schools for anyone who needs a place to talk about the shooting or "to mourn and process this tragedy," he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/san-diego...211829083.html
    sounds like suicide by cop if the info is correct
    that really sucks for his family

I have a stoeger X20 .22 cal and love the gun put 3-9 x 40 scope on it, (over kill yes)
    . The scope can handle the recoil and I use it regularly.

I just got a Weihrauch HW50 and like it.

It is very accurate, if a smidge 'twangy' (if that is a word). Cheap to shoot, accurate to 50 yards, and quiet enough to dispatch critters without a SWAT Team visit.

I would be interested in finding a 'tuner' in southwestern Ontario - if anybody knows of one.

Stewbud

I first started with air rifles and I still have some good old ones even if I've had more sophisticated ones these days.

I picked up a non-pal version of the ruger airhawk for my buddy, and I'm really liking it, he has took a few squirrels with it already and I took one the first day.
    I think I will be looking for a pal rated version for myself.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I picked up a non-pal version of the ruger airhawk for my buddy, and I'm really liking it, he has took a few squirrels with it already and I took one the first day.
    I think I will be looking for a pal rated version for myself.
    Walmart was selling them for 99$ with free shipping. I picked up one for my step father. But the full powder spring was almost 40$.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Walmart was selling them for 99$ with free shipping. I picked up one for my step father. But the full powder spring was almost 40$.
    Where are you getting the full power spring? Or, what am I looking for?
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Where are you getting the full power spring? Or, what am I looking for?
    R&R repair in MB. Or if someone selling used Diana 34 springs, those work as well.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123