Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    BTW,
    at a guess,
    I'd say the orgs are more similar to each other in points of view,
    than 2 million PALers are,
    or 36 million Canadian's are.

I'm basing that on posts on CGN,
    and on the many threads like GoC's recent
    "What type of gun laws would you like to impose if you become a prime minister?"
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...prime-minister

We don't even agree on the penalty for bacon theft.
    Good point. PAL holders must range from "I might need this to get a job" and full fudd, to high school kids should be allowed to carry Condition 0.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    BTW,
    at a guess,
    I'd say the orgs are more similar to each other in points of view,
    than 2 million PALers are,
    or 36 million Canadian's are.

I'm basing that on posts on CGN,
    and on the many threads like GoC's recent
    "What type of gun laws would you like to impose if you become a prime minister?"
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...prime-minister

We don't even agree on the penalty for bacon theft.
    Who stole my bacon?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Alright. Discussing things is fine. However, just a heads up for all, keep it civil, or there will be an issue.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Apple vs oranges. It is actually quite simple. CSSA exists to fight for your rights. The CFFR exists to educate the public, who largely know zero about our gun control laws, so that they don't support calls for more gun control or gun control that already exists.

They can't be one org because they are too different. There is no benefit to them being one org. If the CFFR merged into the CSSA would you pay double. If not would they make up the cash shortfall in volume? Doubtful.
    Did you mean bacon vs prosciutto?

I think the CCFR started out good, but I am starting to see and read things online that make me glad I did not renew my membership. We need strong orgs, but we also need to start winning some of these battles politically. I think some of the issues that people are frustrated about will start to go away if we could chalk up a few wins. On a personal level...and I speak for me, myself and I. The CCFR is not an org I want speaking on my behalf. In my opinion, they have some terrible policies, and the faces that get in front of the cameras do not help our cause. My opinion, I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By murph83

Bittereinder (03-30-2017), sewktbk (03-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Did you mean bacon vs prosciutto?
    It's always bacon for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Spread the word on petition e-2341 (Democratic process). Send people to http://oneclearvoice.ca which takes them directly to the petition.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Doug_M

Bittereinder (03-30-2017), Coke (03-30-2017)

They should just amalgamate. Strength in numbers.

No.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By awndray

Doug_M (03-31-2017)

I support the CCFR and the CSSA. They do different jobs, and they both do good work. They are ridiculously under-resourced thanks to the pathetic cheapness of Canadian gun owners.

Gun owners will forever quibble about microissues and optics, but the bottom line is that the CCFR is presenting gun owners (including sports shooters and collectors, and not just hunters) as normal reasonable people, and that's what we need more of, even as the media tries to make us all look like nutjobs.

I am grateful for their work, I think Rod Gitalca is a great salesman for our cause, and I support him and the CCFR 100%

Now, if we want to talk about a bridge-burning, yahoo-led, self-serving organization, we need only bring out that other organization that immolated itself, and the wasted money and effort of gunowners (including myself, unfortunately) who supported it, last year.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

13. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By TJSpeller

awndray (03-31-2017), Coke (03-31-2017), Doug_M (03-31-2017), GTW (03-31-2017)

Click Click...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJSpeller View Post
    I support the CCFR and the CSSA. They do different jobs, and they both do good work. They are ridiculously under-resourced thanks to the pathetic cheapness of Canadian gun owners.

Gun owners will forever quibble about microissues and optics, but the bottom line is that the CCFR is presenting gun owners (including sports shooters and collectors, and not just hunters) as normal reasonable people, and that's what we need more of, even as the media tries to make us all look like nutjobs.

I am grateful for their work, I think Rod Gitalca is a great salesman for our cause, and I support him and the CCFR 100%

Now, if we want to talk about a bridge-burning, yahoo-led, self-serving organization, we need only bring out that other organization that immolated itself, and the wasted money and effort of gunowners (including myself, unfortunately) who supported it, last year.
    Of course.
    When its other orgs, its called immolation. But when its CCFR suggesting to ban guns and making death threats online, its "microissues" and "under-resourcing".
    Double standard much?

No sure how those recent "blunders" make gun owners look normal and reasonnable, but it must be on a planet different than the one I live on.
    Last edited by sewktbk; 03-31-2017 at 08:45 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast