Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CPC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE LISA RAITT

By CJ Summers | Freemind Republic | February 1, 2017

Excerpts ...

Do you think Canada's existing gun laws need to be rewritten?
    I believe government can address gangs and criminals with measures that actually work to prevent and reduce crime, while prioritizing the rights of law abiding firearms owners. I was a proud member of the Harper government that repealed portions of the Canadian Firearms Registry in 2012 and brought in prudent changes to our gun laws. I want to re-assure gun owners I have no intention of restricting firearms any further. I will roll back any changes the Trudeau government bring forward in this regard. I grew up in Cape Breton where hunting is a way of life. I would never want to restrict this hobby.

Should the RCMP continue to be the body in charge of firearms regulation in Canada?
    Thanks to Justin Trudeau, the number of bureaucrats in Ottawa is at its highest level in seven years. In their first year in power, the Liberals have already increased that number by 10.5%. This is not sustainable and my priority is for less and smarter government where we eliminate bureaucracies wherever possible. I have an open mind to changing how the RCMP oversees its current responsibilities. As you know there were studies undertaken in the past few years to look into changing the administration structure of the RCMP to include more civilian oversight and I see no reason to not pursue those discussions further to have the most effective structure in place.

Do you think self-defense is a legitimate reason for firearms possession?
    Yes. Free citizens have a right to self-defense. I am in favor of protecting the rights of law abiding firearm owners. From experience, I know that politicians can arrive in Ottawa and quickly lose touch with the hard-working people who elected them. But I am different. I've never forgotten how hard I had to work to become a member of Parliament and cabinet minister under Stephen Harper. The Conservative Party I would lead would be based on the values of principled, pragmatic conservatism – one that believes in:

Personal liberty,
    Individual accountability,
    Family Support,
    Safety, and
    Tradition.
    Do you believe the AR-15 should remain restricted?
    As I said, my priority is keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists, not making it harder or easier for free citizens to buy them. I think there are many stakeholders from manufacturers to firearm owners to law enforcement agencies that should have an opportunity for input before a final decision is made.

Will you commit to removing sound suppressors from the prohibited device list? Further to that, what are your thoughts around magazine size restrictions?
    I will listen to the best advice from all parties on these two issues. I commit to reviewing this restriction in collaboration with firearm owners to ensure the regulations are not unfairly penalizing law abiding citizens. My vision for the Conservative Party is a coalition based on common values of hard work, optimism, and self-reliance. These are my values. They are Conservative values. They are Canadian values.

Will you commit to ensure that no existing non-restricted firearms, restricted firearms or devices would be classified as prohibited under your leadership?
    My track record is of a collaborative, decisive leader who is sensitive to the concerns of others, but focused on providing positive outcomes for all Canadians. I can commit to listening to firearms owners on these issues to ensure these devices would not be re-classified. I will respect and protect responsible firearms owners.

How do we protect property rights, especially when it relates to firearms?
    As I said earlier, I am in favor of protecting the rights of law abiding firearm owners. If there are legislative changes required at the federal level, or discussions to be had with provinces and municipalities, I commit to leading them. We have to follow the values of rural and small town Canada. Which are my conservative values made real. The values of an honest day’s work. Where we celebrate tradition while embracing renewal. Where we are never making excuses for ourselves, or accepting excuses of others.The values of family. Of faith. Of Community. Of Compassion. The values of right and wrong. And being accountable to ourselves and each other. Those are the values of the Canada I know and follow.

Full interview: https://www.facebook.com/notes/cj-su...39237652928302

CPC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE ANDREW SAXTON

By CJ Summers | Free Mind Republic | December 21, 2016

Excerpts ...

I grew up in a fishing and hunting lodge in British Columbia - so my first job was digging and selling worms for fisherman when they were looking for Rainbow or Kokanee. I have also been a sport shooter for quite sometime, it started with pellet guns when I was a kid, and it went from there - I am very familiar with the sport.” -Andrew Saxton

Do you think Canada’s existing gun laws need to be rewritten?
    First of all, when it comes to private property - we need to give gun owners certainty and consistency. When they purchase a firearm, when they know what the classification is - we need to make sure the classification is not arbitrarily changed. It is a very serious thing when the classification is changed, and it should be done on very rare circumstances. I think that we need to separate the law making from the law enforcement. That is something that has been blurred in the past - look, the RCMP does a good job at law enforcement, but they should not be making the laws as well.

Should the RCMP continue to be the body in charge of firearms regulation in Canada?
    No. I think it should be with elected officials on the advice of experts from Public Safety Canada.

Do you think self-defense is a legitimate reason for firearms possession?
    Personally, I do not think that firearms owners should have to justify why they own or purchase firearms. It is their own business.

Do you believe the AR-15 should remain restricted?
    I think that classification should be based on objective evidence, it should not be based on what something looks like. It should only be based on objective criteria. The criteria needs to be use and functionality.

Will you commit to removing sound suppressors from the prohibited devices list? Further to that, what are your thoughts around magazine size restrictions?
    I think both of these questions refer to classification issues. Again, classification need to be made by elected officials, under the advise from experts from public safety. Let’s face it, a lot of MP’s are not experts on firearms. They will be basing their decisions on the recommendations of the experts. I think a panel or committee would be a good idea - under the support of the Public Safety Ministry.

Will you commit to ensure that no existing non-restricted firearms, restricted firearms or devices would be classified as prohibited under your leadership?
    Firearm owners deserve consistency and certainty when they purchase firearms - there should only be reclassification's under very rare circumstances. I believe in private property rights, I do not believe in expropriation. We need to protect private property rights, and therefore reclassification should only be done in rare circumstances.

How do we protect property rights, especially when it pertains to firearms?
    As long as firearms owners are following the law, that should be enough for government. Seizing the firearms in High River was not supposed to be the purpose of why the police entered those homes - as long as we have law abiding firearms owners, they should be respected. I know for a fact that criminals do not register their firearms, that is why I was part of a government that scrapped the Long Gun Registry - because it was ineffective and ridiculously expensive.

Full Interview: https://www.facebook.com/notes/cj-su...19132378272163

CPC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE ANDREW SCHEER

I believe law-abiding Canadians should not have to justify to the government why they need a firearm.
    For too long, the federal government has put heavy restrictions on those who respect and follow the law while doing virtually nothing to stop the criminals who ignore it. I believe we need laws that will deter criminal activity and respect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

When I am Prime Minister I will:

Remove the power of the RCMP to arbitrarily make reclassifications.
    Define terms like “variant” in legislation.
    Repeal restrictions on magazines like the 10/22
    Repeal the UN Firearms-Marking Regulations
    Strengthen the Firearms Advisory Council
    Decriminalize administrative infractions such as late renewal of a recently-expired firearms licence.
    Create a Firearms Ombudsman
    I will always be on the side of law-abiding gun owners. My policy will ensure that law enforcement officers aren’t forced to waste their time policing those who follow the laws, and can concentrate their efforts on actual criminal activity with regards to guns.

What do you think of my ideas for gun-owners? If you agree with me - let me know.

CPC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE BRAD TROST

Thirty years of ineffective Liberal firearms legislation have proven that law-abiding gun owners aren't responsible for violent crime. They never have been. What a waste of billions of your tax dollars! It also proves the point Reform Party Members of Parliament warned everyone about in 1994 and 1995.

As Leader of the federal Conservative Party and Leader of the Opposition, I will PUSH for the following and as Prime Minister, in my first mandate I will:

Repeal Bill C-68, returning Canada to the effective gun control regime that existed in 1994;
    Convert all existing Possession and Acquisition Licenses to the more effective Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC);
    Empower valid FACs to provide the holders with a comprehensive Canada-Wide Authorization to Transport;
    Create a Prohibited List of those persons too dangerous to own firearms requiring mandatory reporting of change of addresses for those on the list who have been convicted of violent crimes;
    Relax Authorization to Carry Procedures so off-duty police officers can carry firearms;
    Allow licensed gun owners of prohibited firearms to take them to once again federally approved firearms ranges; and
    Make the destruction of all seized firearms optional for municipalities and police services so seized firearms can be auctioned to holders of valid FACs and authorized firearms dealers.

http://www.bradforleader.ca/docs/tro...rms-detail.pdf

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I like going with what they all had to say long before they learned what we want. Max is my guy.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

awndray (04-07-2017), Billythreefeathers (04-07-2017), Likeaboss (04-08-2017), Waterloomike (04-14-2017)

For what it's worth, Tony Bernardo of the CSSA/CILA has personally endorsed Erin O'Toole but also gave Bernier very high marks.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    CPC LEADERSHIP CANDIDATE ANDREW SCHEER

I believe law-abiding Canadians should not have to justify to the government why they need a firearm.
    For too long, the federal government has put heavy restrictions on those who respect and follow the law while doing virtually nothing to stop the criminals who ignore it. I believe we need laws that will deter criminal activity and respect the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

When I am Prime Minister I will:

Remove the power of the RCMP to arbitrarily make reclassifications.
    Define terms like “variant” in legislation.
    Repeal restrictions on magazines like the 10/22
    Repeal the UN Firearms-Marking Regulations
    Strengthen the Firearms Advisory Council
    Decriminalize administrative infractions such as late renewal of a recently-expired firearms licence.
    Create a Firearms Ombudsman
    I will always be on the side of law-abiding gun owners. My policy will ensure that law enforcement officers aren’t forced to waste their time policing those who follow the laws, and can concentrate their efforts on actual criminal activity with regards to guns.

What do you think of my ideas for gun-owners? If you agree with me - let me know.
    I got a pamphlet in the snail mail today

Quote Originally Posted by pamphlet
    Andrew Stands For
    - Scraping the Carbon Tax
    - Standing up for freedom of speech by voting against M-103 and C-16
    - Balancing the budget in 2 years
    - Making maternity and parental benefits tax-free
    - Ending Canada's dependence on foreign oil
    - Mandatory sentences for sexual and violent crimes
    - Making our borders secure
    - Standing with Israel
    - Making independent school tuition tax-deductible and offering a tax credit to homeschoolers
    - re-engaging with the campaign against ISIS
    - Adding Property Rights to the Charter
    - Letting MPs speed freely in the House of Commons
    - Spending 2% of GDP on Defence

for detailed policy proposals visit AndrewScheer.com/policy

Andrew Scheer will unite the Conservative Party and defeat Justin Trudeau

You can donate up to $1550 in 2017. You will receive a generous tax credit for this donation.

Bob Zimmer, Garry Breitkreuz, and 30 others mostly MPs that I didn't instantly recognize, are supporting Andrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by pamphlet
    Globe and Mail, March 15, 2017,
    Tory race down to three -- and that's the way it will stay.

23% Andrew Scheer
    22% Kevin O'Leary
    21% Maxime Bernier

Poll shows Scheer, O'Leary, and Bernier in dead heat

9. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

goosesniper (04-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I got a pamphlet in the snail mail today
    Yes, I noticed that the printed material did not mention firearms at all as being part of what "Andrew Stands For".

I'm suspicious of someones commitment to the firearms community when the only time firearms are mentioned is when the audience is the firearms community.
    The audience for the pamphlet was all Conservative members not just the victims of sexual and violent crimes or parents or expecting parents or free speech advocates. So why do they get a mention and we don't?

If you won't literally put in writing then I suspect that you don't have the conviction needed to stand up the the liberal media.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Zinilin

Waterloomike (04-14-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12