Canadian ForcesMember bramptonmike's Avatar

Steyr-Mannlicher-M 7x64

I recently came into possession of this firearm...it has a 20' barrel with full wood stock in very good to excellent condition...as I have no idea about this firearm, I was wondering what this would be worth...thanks...

Only real issue is the lack of readily available ammo. Runs $60US per 20 Stateside. Far less if loaded by Prvi or Sellier & Bellot. Remington, Lapua and Norma load it too. So at least it's still made, but it'll be a special order thing. Not even Epp's lists it.
    http://stevespages.com/jpg/cd7x64brenneke.jpg
    Steyr-Mannlicher's are pretty high end kit. Probably not many around with an actual Mannlicher stock. The M is for the .30-06, .270, 7x64mm, 8x57mm, 9.3x62.
    That says long action to me. Supposedly discontinued in the 1990's. Not seeing any of 'em, anywhere,(except Stateside auction sites in .30-06. Running around $1500 to 2 grand US there.) to even guess at a value.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Only real issue is the lack of readily available ammo. Runs $60US per 20 Stateside. Far less if loaded by Prvi or Sellier & Bellot. Remington, Lapua and Norma load it too. So at least it's still made, but it'll be a special order thing. Not even Epp's lists it.
    http://stevespages.com/jpg/cd7x64brenneke.jpg
    Steyr-Mannlicher's are pretty high end kit. Probably not many around with an actual Mannlicher stock. The M is for the .30-06, .270, 7x64mm, 8x57mm, 9.3x62.
    That says long action to me. Supposedly discontinued in the 1990's. Not seeing any of 'em, anywhere,(except Stateside auction sites in .30-06. Running around $1500 to 2 grand US there.) to even guess at a value.
    https://www.tradeexcanada.com/conten...-bellot-7x64--

$35 a box, Canadian funds shipped from Ontario. They also stock other bullet weights and Norma. Stop telling people they can't get ammunition for European calibres here in Canada without looking.

Sorry, I have no idea what the dollar value on this one is....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By kennymo

Rory McCanuck (01-12-2018), ruger#1 (01-12-2018)

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

Rory McCanuck (01-12-2018)

Lol, thanks for the help Sunray

I don't know a real value off the rifle, but the only ones I've seen have been quite pricey.
    The full length stock adds some value too, it does for me anyways, I think they're dead sexy.

The 7x64 is quite the cartridge too.
    All the power of the 280 which is pushing on the heels of the 7 Mag.
    And not something the same as all the other kids' toys
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

ruger#1 (01-12-2018)

Banned
    I have seen a few of them, over the years. They are nice looking rifles. They will knock down anything in our part of the world.