Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think I found where you're talking about, the property we shoot at sometimes is right at the end of the 302, so I'll just watch for the hydro lines then. Gonna drive out next weekend and walk in from the highway, just to get an idea of the state of the "road". Thanks for the directions Mark!

I've heard good things about the CX-4, used to have the CO2 powered pellet gun version in my teenage years. Lol.
    I'm a ways off from arthritis (I hope) but I prefer bench rest shooting as well, wouldn't mind getting into long range shooting eventually.

That reminds me, Seven Sisters G&F is having their annual shoot May 13th, open to the public. Rifle, shotgun, blackpowder, and archery. $55 bucks for the day, using their guns and ammo only. Going to try and make it this year, girlfriend wants to try skeet shooting. And they have a 500m range, too bad its an hour from Winnipeg or I'd happily get a membership there instead of Selkirk.

Hey guys, gonna jump in here. I'm new to the hobby and would love to join if you decide on something.

Craig

3. The Following User Liked This Post By craigdwh

Mark-II (04-23-2017)

Just remember anytime anyone wants to try clay birds, I'm willing to take newcomers to the Winnipeg Trap and Skeet club.
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

What are you interested in, Craig?

Winnipeg Trap and Skeet has guest passes, rental guns, and some excellent coaches.

They're entirely to blame for me going from 0 shotguns a bit over a year ago to.... Well, probably too many.

They have Trap, Skeet, 5-stand, a wobble trap, and this bunker trap discipline that I am in no way ready to try.

Edit: lol - R&R is the one who got me hooked
    He's one of those excellent coaches I mentioned
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Hey I'm interested in anything, I'm new so I'll follow the lead. I'm going to orientation tomorrow evening at the Firing Line, I'm hoping they accept me as a member.

Maybe I'll manage to drag my butt out there tomorrow. Going to depend on whether I end up putting in involuntary overtime or not

I'll be the big guy with the big grey SONY case of boom if so - stop by after and put a few rounds down.

Orientation pretty much is a tour of the building and Steve gassing on for an hour or so going over each item on the list of rules.

Get plenty of caffeine beforehand.

If you're licensed and your cheque doesn't bounce, you're in - we're not exclusive beyond that
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Maybe I'll manage to drag my butt out there tomorrow. Going to depend on whether I end up putting in involuntary overtime or not

I'll be the big guy with the big grey SONY case of boom if so - stop by after and put a few rounds down.

Orientation pretty much is a tour of the building and Steve gassing on for an hour or so going over each item on the list of rules.

Get plenty of caffeine beforehand.

If you're licensed and your cheque doesn't bounce, you're in - we're not exclusive beyond that
    Is Steve the "Hills have eyes" guy? (sorry Steve I couldn't resist!)

Ok hopefully see you there tomorrow. I will be there.

More of a crotchety old bugger, but he's all right

Well, I need to test my trigger work on a .22, otherwise the case is full of possibilities.

Anything in particular you fancy? I've got something from most categories save for plastic fantastic.

Pistol, single and double action revolver, .22 to .45...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    More of a crotchety old bugger, but he's all right

Well, I need to test my trigger work on a .22, otherwise the case is full of possibilities.

Anything in particular you fancy? I've got something from most categories save for plastic fantastic.

Pistol, single and double action revolver, .22 to .45...
    OH wow, I'm open to anything but would love to try the double action revolver!

I think I've got just the one... It's hard to go wrong with a 686

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast