Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How long for new Registration cert

First time restricted buyer here and curious about the time length involved. In ontario if that matters. Looks like transfer information that I received with pistol was dated March 30 (online purchase), and still haven't received separate registration certificate. Is there a normal time length involved, should I call or not or just wait it out? I've seen the various lengths of time it has taken people to get there PAL/RPAL so am wondering if this is a similar type of 'whenever it happens it happens'. If I call would it just be the 800-731-4000 number?

Thanks for any help/info

Purchases from a business are approved faster than private sales.

If your purchase has already been approved and you're in possession of the firearm, the registration certificate should arrive within two weeks via snail mail. You may receive a snail mail letter the day before that says something like "This is a notification that you will receive your registration certificate tomorrow in the mail". Both letters will say RCMP on the envelope.

If you're in possession of the firearm, somewhere on or before the day you received the firearm you will have received some paperwork (from the business, or perhaps by email from the CFO) that will have a number that corresponds to the registration certificate.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

mlj (04-25-2017)

You can call Ontario's CFO at extension number 7503 on that number and they'll probably send it right away if they haven't already.
    CSSA | CCFR

5. The Following User Liked This Post By amolkapoor

mlj (04-25-2017)

Got mine in the mail about two weeks after transfer was approved. Surprised me, figured I'd be waiting a lot longer. I tell ya, seeing that envelope had me all giddy like a kid again.

Quote Originally Posted by amolkapoor View Post
    You can call Ontario's CFO at extension number 7503 on that number and they'll probably send it right away if they haven't already.
    They come from the RCMP so I don't think calling the CFO will speed it up much.
    When you get a brown envelope with green paper showing in the window and RCMP on the top left corner you're in business.
    He who hits first wins, regardless of the speed of the opponent’s miss.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by greywolf67nt View Post
    They come from the RCMP so I don't think calling the CFO will speed it up much.
    When you get a brown envelope with green paper showing in the window and RCMP on the top left corner you're in business.
    It was SUCH a relief when my wife finally saw enough of those arrive in the mail box that she started believing my 'they're investment guns, and I'm just reselling them for more" story.

Do a search on "critical mass" for more details on how this works. Lol.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

I bought a restricted on the 11th., it came on the 19th, transfer on the 21st and reg came today, I'm in bc, store was in sask.

Normally it is fairly quick processing just the mailing is at issue. I was told that the print-outs and mailing is done only on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    It was SUCH a relief when my wife finally saw enough of those arrive in the mail box that she started believing my 'they're investment guns, and I'm just reselling them for more" story.

Do a search on "critical mass" for more details on how this works. Lol.
    Ya but you own a store so the odd one thrown in for yourself she would never catch.
    He who hits first wins, regardless of the speed of the opponent’s miss.

Excuse me, newbie here. Is the registration certificate required before taking the firearm to the range? I finally got my PAL yesterday, pre bought my firearm to lock in a easter special and heading to the range orientation tomorrow to get my membership. Once I have my range membership the store will ship my firearm and I'm hoping to head to the range the day it hits my mailbox! Or do I now have to wait for a registration certificate?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast