Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    re

and now the fun begins ...
    I have lots of routes that, in all the circumstances, are reasonably direct. It's not like I'm relying on a single ice-road between me and the club.

Mine took 8 business days from the transfer approval to receive the new registration certificate in the mail. Not too bad.

OP here and just a follow up, Called the Centre today and found out that the certificate was issued on 6 April(transfer was dated Mar 30, so not too bad all in all), so it's just disappeared. New certificate issued and should be on the way shortly, fingers crossed. Of course if Mr. Murphy has any say the original cert will show up tomorrow and of course be completely useless as its over ridden by the new #. Thanks for all the replies btw.

I purchased gun from dealer on June 14/19 and itís been 12 business days and dealer has heard nothing. Dam government is useless. You try owing them money and see how fast they can process something. I am so sick of this bullshit government employees that think they walk on water. They are over paid most under worked pieces of shit in this country. How long can it possibly take?

5. The Following User Liked This Post By Cashjon

IJ22 (07-09-2019)

I take new to me restricted firearms to the range with just the transfer notification. It actually contains all the information that will be on the registration certification and more.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By TomorrowNeverKnows

IJ22 (07-09-2019)

mine just went through...nearly 3 weeks on the calendar but i believe they dont count weekends and there was also a holiday in there...cant wait to pick it up this weekend

RL
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

OP is 2 years old. However, in the old days, long before there was a CPFO or CFC or the FA, it could take 6 months for a registration cert to arrive by mail.
    As I recall, "just the transfer notification." is enough. Mind you, a new RPAL will be different.
    And yes, government is useless. Nothing new about that.

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    From what I was told by my provincial CFO is that the transfer notice acts as a temporary registration. First person I talked to said I couldn't take a restricted to the range with it, but the second person said it was okay. Rather just wait for the certificate if they can't give a consistent answer.
    I got the same two "different stories from the CFO's office"; wait for the certificate. When the cop calls the CFO, your good fortune will depend on which person they talk to. The majority of cops don't know; most don't even have a PAL or RPAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashjon View Post
    I purchased gun from dealer on June 14/19 and it’s been 12 business days and dealer has heard nothing. Dam government is useless. You try owing them money and see how fast they can process something. I am so sick of this bullshit government employees that think they walk on water. They are over paid most under worked pieces of shit in this country. How long can it possibly take?
    The last handgun I bought was used, from a dealer. Dealer was busy that day selling AR15s as we were in mid-ban-panic, and forgot to call it in. We discovered this when I stopped in on my way home from vacation hoping to pick it up. That was a Saturday. They entered the data, and and I had the transfer notice Monday morning. They shipped it to me for free, and it was less than 2 weeks for the registration Certificate. I did want to shoot it right away, but it's not like I did not have another gun for our Thursday night shoot! LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123