Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    I bought the system new years ago from Jon at UFO and it ran perfect right out of the box. Jon has since passed away and the company has shut down it's operations so it's a crap shoot buying a used system with unknown history (tinkering). If you do find a used set in good condition, assemble everything to the motor loose, align it, then tighten everything. Don't assemble on the bench; it's very easy to get both a vacuum leak AND an oil leak with the o-ring between the manifolds and the heads (a couple of your manifold bolts protrude into oil galleries).

I originally had the Stage 7 and even then had mine jetted to the moon (ran idle air bleeds instead of main jets - no power and the smell of raw fuel below 3000 rpm, but it would clean out and hit the rev limiter scary fast when you got on the gas). The sound of the flat slides jingling brings lots of smiles. Practicality-wise, it probably makes close to the same power or a tad more as the Stage 7 kit, and you're not running air filters so dirty, windy days are a no-no, as are heavy downpours.

The no power and smell of gas was probably the needles sitting to high. I had to lower mine to the 4th slot from the bottom after the kit install and it runs like a champ.

Thanks for the response, think I'll stay with my setup as it's always windy in NS.
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly1 View Post
    The no power and smell of gas was probably the needles sitting to high. I had to lower mine to the 4th slot from the bottom after the kit install and it runs like a champ.

Thanks for the response, think I'll stay with my setup as it's always windy in NS.
    The smell of raw fuel was using the idle air bleed as a main jet, which equated to a 190 main jet...no way to burn that amount of fuel at low rpm. Needle profiles or height made zero difference. WOT on the other hand, that was yee-haw time. That motor will burn as much fuel as that little fuel pump can push into it. The UFO kit did have nicer, slightly longer intake manifolds that will accept nitrous nozzles but they would not work with the factory CV carbs (they are tied together on a rack) and boots. Still impressive looking and good throttle response for a flat slide type carb but as any perf upgrade there are compromises.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Camo tung

Curly1 (07-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Man that Aprilia makes me miss my bikes. Just too house poor at the moment.

They’re not doing the best in MotoGP this year, but I’m cheering for them. So hard to compete against the big names.

Aprilia and MV Augusta seem to have sorted out all of the finicky issues that caused them grief 2000-2010.
    right on! they fix'ed all what needed attention ,mainly electronics . while, i know you must respect the valve train maintenance schedule,because those V4 are pumped out to the extreme.

the quick shifter and auto blip was a new thing for me, and now i have'em,i couldn't live without it.

the QS and autoblip let you focus on your lines and body shift and all the body movements required on the track.no more clutching and blipping the throttle,the ecu takes care of all that LOL!!

amazing bike really. it feel so light,well balanced,as i said,it,s the easiests bike to drive i've ever owned......while....the habit of pimping my guns translated on that bike.

to this day i've added: puig windscreen, knight design lowered pegs and foot controls,DNA air filter,rad and oil cooler guards, tencasi shorty levers ,and changed the coolant for some ENGINE ICE and a samco
    silicone hose kit for a better flowing of the coolant ...the rest of the add ons i'm planning are more related to fasteners ; aluminum and titanium bolts .

DSC04777.jpgDSC04767.jpgDSC04765.jpg
    Last edited by glockfan; 07-19-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

DSC04764.jpgDSC04763.jpgDSC04747.jpg

more parts on the way lol
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    DSC04764.jpgDSC04763.jpgDSC04747.jpg

more parts on the way lol
    Good looking levers, love the edge detail.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Good looking levers, love the edge detail.
    the light checkering add some to the look .i must admit i've paid 50$ for them,chinese made in 6061 alu.they have nothing to envy to the 200+ cdn rizzoma and puig levers. they fit right in without any problems.

aprilia in moto GP....i subscribed to motoGP AND world superbike this year. like KTM aprilia is struggling facing the big ones....their bikes are like rockets.the throttle is like on/off switches. very brutale bike to ride,and espargaro is always riding on a fine line ,like zarco on the KTM. maybe next year they will have a better package,but i doubt it.

while,ducati and honda have their problems too. the RCV is unrideable for anyone else than marquez.ask lorenzo,a 5 time world
    champion .his season,and maybe career is over exactly because the RCV very brutale nature. not a good bike for such classic
    rider . then,marquez. he is like stoner,he don't need a set up. he's an alien, his riding style isn't really a riding style.he gets on the limit from the word go,and then deal with the ''problems'' his riding style implies.since 2013 marquez crashed 125 times.compared to lorenzo and rossi who fell off between 40 times for lorenzo,and even less for rossi. so marquez crash 3 times more than any other riders out there,but when he's up,he wins.the GP19 ducati simply don't like tight corners,and lack edge grip,so dovi is walking on its toes all the time...; while petrucci with a 1 year contract is giving it all,often faster than dovisioso.

the surprize comes from suzuki and alex rins. they have a very nice package,fastest bikes in and out the corners,but kind of lacking top speed,which is probably why rins isn't on the podium at each GP,because otherwise,he would always be there.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Blasphemy or New Age of motorcycling? Electric Harley.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/ca/e...T98F4ivIdHitNU
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

it's the immediate futur. the isle of man TT presented the ''zero race''' on the mountain course.those bikein the hands of mike rutter and john macguinness are able to perform 120MPH average laps,whereas gas powered superbikes do it at 135mph average. electric powered bike are here to stay,and they perform very well,minus the ''noise''

now..about the electric harley...when you think about this specific ''toy'....it could push harley in its coffin for real.what is a harley without the irregular ignition order, the sound of the straight pipes,and the gas scent and oil leaks?..

it's true,in their case,there's nothing really appealing left once full electric.
    Last edited by glockfan; 07-20-2019 at 09:22 PM.

^^No thanks. Keep your electric bike and your Beyond Meat burger. I'll stick to hyper-bikes, big inch Harley clones and old 2 strokes.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

Gunexpert007 (07-21-2019), jwirecom109 (07-21-2019)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617