Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticks

I'm starting to worry about myself, because I've never found a single tick on my person, ever. I do avoid all contact with plant life when in the wild, an instinct from another life. Or maybe they just don't find me tasty, in which case I recommend being perpetually bitter like I am.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Ruff

IJ22 (05-12-2018)

Canadian scientists predict that by the year 2020, 80% of the population in Eastern Canada (including Manitoba) will be living in a tick-populated area.
    Are they including Manitoba in Eastern Canada because 100% of Manitobans are probably living in a tick populated area? Probably drives the numbers up a bit even though the population here isn't huge....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A new tick to worry about. They don't get into it much here, but a disease carried by these longhorned jobs can actually kill you in fairly short order. And they can reproduce without sex, all they need is blood.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...tay/542350002/
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

And then of course there are the ticks spreading from the US south east that make you allergic to meat:

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2016...ic-to-red-meat

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I'm starting to worry about myself, because I've never found a single tick on my person, ever. I do avoid all contact with plant life when in the wild, an instinct from another life. Or maybe they just don't find me tasty, in which case I recommend being perpetually bitter like I am.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

7. The Following User Liked This Post By ruger#1

Ruff (05-12-2018)

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

I use one of these. $9.99 at Cabela's. Had a nymph on me last weekend. I was clearing the road to the cabin. I was wearing a white shirt. Good thing. That is how I found it. Killed the little pest. Then kept working.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Are they including Manitoba in Eastern Canada because 100% of Manitobans are probably living in a tick populated area? Probably drives the numbers up a bit even though the population here isn't huge....
    Tick populated?
    More like tick infested.
    Ten walk through the bush and I ended up pulling 4 off of me, and that's sealed up, pants tucked in.
    I pulled 5 off the dog, and I know there's more in there.
    Most of that was going down sandy trail.

Ticks and leeches, just make me wiggy.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post

Ticks and leeches, And Trudeau, just make me wiggy.
    Had to fix this.

13. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By ruger#1

DasMauser (05-12-2018), FallisCowboy (05-12-2018), Homeguy (05-12-2018), kennymo (05-12-2018), Rory McCanuck (05-12-2018)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast