Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Ticks

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Best bet is to go after the source.. Mice/Rats..
    havnt had a mouse problem either,,, throw a live mouse into a herd of chickens,,, eaten alive, torn apart like Jasicc park raptors
    CSSA

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

M1917 Enfield (06-19-2019), ruger#1 (06-18-2019)

Cats keep the mice and rat numbers down which then clear up the tick problem!

A buddy had a big problem with field mice and ticks at his place in the country until the barn cats his neighbor got cleaned up all the field mice, he said he went 5 years without him or his dog getting a tick or having mice get into the house or shed until the coyotes got all the cats, now he claims the mice and ticks are now back in droves and he is pulling them off his dog all the time.
    I live among lots of sheeple and dim witted who like to think they are good Canadians for voting Lieberal

RobertMcC
    Trying this local product. Called Atlantick... Its some witch hazel, lemongrass stuff. I guess it's suppose to be safe for pets.

I sprayed around the house ( home defense ) and dogs haven't had any ticks on them.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

Billythreefeathers (06-27-2019)

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By ruger#1

labradort (07-24-2019), linung (07-24-2019), Turtlehead (07-24-2019)

Lone star tick found near London

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    The discovery of a lone star tick near London, Ontario is yet another reason people should be on the lookout for ticks on themselves and their pets.

A London veterinarian removed a lone star tick from a client’s cat in late June. This isn’t the first lone star tick, which is named for the white spot on its back, found in Ontario.

Between 1967 and 1977, there was one submitted per year in Ontario. That number doubled from 1999 to 2014, and averaged about 38 per year from 2005 to 2010, peaking at 83 in 2017. There were 74 confirmed in 2018.

“Currently, there is no evidence of the presence of established lone star tick populations in Ontario,” said Public Health Ontario entomologist Mark Nelder. “They enter the province on people and their animals returning to Ontario after travel to the USA. Another way they can enter the province is on migratory birds. Lone star ticks can drop off into the environment when migratory birds enter Ontario.”

He said the ticks are known to carry several pathogens, including human ehrlichiosis (which causes flu-like symptons) and galactose-alpha-1, 3 galactose (alpha-gal), which causes red meat allergy.

When asked if growing numbers of reports were indicative of them becoming established in the province, Nelder replied, “Historically, lone star ticks have been spreading north in the USA, so we expect this tick to become established in Ontario in the future.”
    https://oodmag.com/news/lone-star-ti...nd-near-london

The Lone Star Trudeau will make parts of Canada uninhabitable if a solution is not found to stop it.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

I'm planning on going south the Holidays and on my way back, I'm thinking about picking up some Sawyer Permethrin. That stuff is suppose to be good for ticks. Kills 'em dead. So not a big concern.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I'm planning on going south the Holidays and on my way back, I'm thinking about picking up some Sawyer Permethrin. That stuff is suppose to be good for ticks. Kills 'em dead. So not a big concern.
    IIRC it is deadly for cats.

BobCat? good for a mantel piece.
    Cougar? make a nice rug.

I don't have cats. So not a concern.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    Permethrin is a synthetic neurotoxin. I highly suggest you read and follow the label.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415