Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Scope Mounts

  1. #1
    Baconologist Eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    V-town Alberta
    Posts
    318

    Scope Mounts

    Good day fellow GOCer's! So I ordered a .22lr the other day and it is slated to come in with the 40 mm scope on Tuesday/Wednesday. The rifle has 11 mm dovetail grooves in the receiver. My question for you fine folks is about the rings I need to mount the scope. I was given a set of medium height rings that say they are for 11 mm weaver/dovetail rail mount. Am I going to have any issues mounting the scope with these rings? I thought the angle for weaver mounts and dovetail mounts are different. Or is there such a thing as universal dovetail rings? This is the first time I will be mounting a new scope to a rifle and if the rings will not work with the dovetail on my rifle, I would like to order some rings that will be here for when the rifle gets here so I can go out and do some plinking. Thanks in advance peoples! Also, it's a cz455 Canadian.
    Last edited by Eel; 05-24-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Clarity
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

  2. #2
    Part-Timer Grizz Axxemann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leaned over, carving corners
    Posts
    549
    I like the Leupold Rifleman tip-offs.NoSale usually has them for $20
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

  3. #3
    Baconologist Eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    V-town Alberta
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    I like the Leupold Rifleman tip-offs.NoSale usually has them for $20
    Thanks Grizz, I will check them out if these rings don't mount on the dovetail.
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

  4. #4
    Senior Member linung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    #WEXIT
    Posts
    2,493
    I just came back from the Gun show. I picked up a $55 cheap NCStar scope for my Henry .22 rifle.

    The guy selling it was nice enough to swap out the standard scope mount for ring mounts. He was selling them for $10.

    Seems to work fine but I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH



    More Shooting! Less Posting!

  5. #5
    Baconologist Eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    V-town Alberta
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I just came back from the Gun show. I picked up a $55 cheap NCStar scope for my Henry .22 rifle.

    The guy selling it was nice enough to swap out the standard scope mount for ring mounts. He was selling them for $10.

    Seems to work fine but I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.
    That looks good! Let me know how it shoots and any issues with the rings. Happy shooting!
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

  6. #6
    Junior Member Magnum_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    Good day fellow GOCer's! So I ordered a .22lr the other day and it is slated to come in with the 40 mm scope on Tuesday/Wednesday. The rifle has 11 mm dovetail grooves in the receiver. My question for you fine folks is about the rings I need to mount the scope. I was given a set of medium height rings that say they are for 11 mm weaver/dovetail rail mount. Am I going to have any issues mounting the scope with these rings? I thought the angle for weaver mounts and dovetail mounts are different. Or is there such a thing as universal dovetail rings? This is the first time I will be mounting a new scope to a rifle and if the rings will not work with the dovetail on my rifle, I would like to order some rings that will be here for when the rifle gets here so I can go out and do some plinking. Thanks in advance peoples! Also, it's a cz455 Canadian.
    No problems. Med rings worked fine for me.
    That's a Tasco target varmint 6-24x42AO on a 452 varmint.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Junior Member Magnum_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    17
    I forgot to mention that the removable part is reversible so one side is for 11mm and the other is for the 3/8" dovetails.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior Member linung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    #WEXIT
    Posts
    2,493
    I ordered this "RioRand Tactical 3-9x40 Optics R4 Reticle Crosshair Air Sniper Hunting Rifle Scope with Free Mounts" off amazon.



    not sure if it's any good but it comes with free rings.
    Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH



    More Shooting! Less Posting!

Similar Threads

  1. brno model 21 scope mounts????
    By 9.3 in forum Hunting and Rimfire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 06:33 PM
  2. Scope mounts for Winchester mosdel 94 top eject
    By PrepperProcrastinator in forum Hunting and Rimfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 09:08 PM
  3. Looking For Scope Mounts
    By Northshore in forum Hunting and Rimfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2016, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •