Thread: Scope Mounts

Scope Mounts

Good day fellow GOCer's! So I ordered a .22lr the other day and it is slated to come in with the 40 mm scope on Tuesday/Wednesday. The rifle has 11 mm dovetail grooves in the receiver. My question for you fine folks is about the rings I need to mount the scope. I was given a set of medium height rings that say they are for 11 mm weaver/dovetail rail mount. Am I going to have any issues mounting the scope with these rings? I thought the angle for weaver mounts and dovetail mounts are different. Or is there such a thing as universal dovetail rings? This is the first time I will be mounting a new scope to a rifle and if the rings will not work with the dovetail on my rifle, I would like to order some rings that will be here for when the rifle gets here so I can go out and do some plinking. Thanks in advance peoples! Also, it's a cz455 Canadian.
    Last edited by Eel; 05-24-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Clarity
    How do I change my signature to something about Bacon?

I like the Leupold Rifleman tip-offs.NoSale usually has them for $20
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    I like the Leupold Rifleman tip-offs.NoSale usually has them for $20
    Thanks Grizz, I will check them out if these rings don't mount on the dovetail.

I just came back from the Gun show. I picked up a $55 cheap NCStar scope for my Henry .22 rifle.

The guy selling it was nice enough to swap out the standard scope mount for ring mounts. He was selling them for $10.

Seems to work fine but I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    I just came back from the Gun show. I picked up a $55 cheap NCStar scope for my Henry .22 rifle.

The guy selling it was nice enough to swap out the standard scope mount for ring mounts. He was selling them for $10.

Seems to work fine but I haven't got a chance to try it out yet.
    That looks good! Let me know how it shoots and any issues with the rings. Happy shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Eel View Post
    Good day fellow GOCer's! So I ordered a .22lr the other day and it is slated to come in with the 40 mm scope on Tuesday/Wednesday. The rifle has 11 mm dovetail grooves in the receiver. My question for you fine folks is about the rings I need to mount the scope. I was given a set of medium height rings that say they are for 11 mm weaver/dovetail rail mount. Am I going to have any issues mounting the scope with these rings? I thought the angle for weaver mounts and dovetail mounts are different. Or is there such a thing as universal dovetail rings? This is the first time I will be mounting a new scope to a rifle and if the rings will not work with the dovetail on my rifle, I would like to order some rings that will be here for when the rifle gets here so I can go out and do some plinking. Thanks in advance peoples! Also, it's a cz455 Canadian.
    No problems. Med rings worked fine for me.
    That's a Tasco target varmint 6-24x42AO on a 452 varmint.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I forgot to mention that the removable part is reversible so one side is for 11mm and the other is for the 3/8" dovetails.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I ordered this "RioRand Tactical 3-9x40 Optics R4 Reticle Crosshair Air Sniper Hunting Rifle Scope with Free Mounts" off amazon.

not sure if it's any good but it comes with free rings.
    Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!