Looking to shoot with someone.

I just moved to Kitchener, ON and am looking to shoot. All the ranges around here are full and not accepting new members. I was just wondering if anyone out there was willing to take me with them next time they go. I'm ex military, fairly quiet, in my late 20s, I have an M4, not sure what else you'd want to know. Let me know if you can. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Underwood View Post
    I just moved to Kitchener, ON and am looking to shoot. All the ranges around here are full and not accepting new members. I was just wondering if anyone out there was willing to take me with them next time they go. I'm ex military, fairly quiet, in my late 20s, I have an M4, not sure what else you'd want to know. Let me know if you can. Cheers.
    Probably best to head to Silverdale Gun Club, just call/email them beforehand as they used to have to send you a permission to bring restricted firearms to their range. Friendly people, multi discipline facility.
    CSSA | CCFR

I thought Burlington was open....
    Anyways I didn't try for that cause it is like an hour away. A bit farther than I'd like.

I signed up for Target Sports and I'm waiting on them to schedule the intro safety initiation course.
    Price is rather high but they are accepting new members.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Bridgeport is an option while you wait for your name to rise up other waiting lists. Not the greatest facility but nice enough people and I'm pretty sure you can get in right away.

Brantford ain't too far from Kitchener.. there's a range there where you can bring your own - Non- & Restricteds alike, without being a member.
    [or rent a package to try various firearms, no license needed for rentals]

I believe it's called Urban Tactical - I've been there a few times, generally friendly staff, mostly knowledgeable, and busy on weekends [the only times I've been]
    Best to call ahead for a weekend and see how busy they are, and if you can reserve a lane - you're bound to find folks there who may end up being a new shooting-buddy

There's also Galt which I think is taking members. It's expensive especially the first year, initiation fee and club safety course if you're shooting any handguns. Nice club though and close if you can afford it. There may be a waiting list for Rifle section but I've heard you can shoot in the "restricted" section as long as you're not displacing anyone.

I'd offer to take you, but you'd be looking at something like 3.5 hours of driving.
    The difference between a 'citizen' and a 'subject' is the right, and responsibility, to bear arms.

I think the OP is a goner.

never logged back in since the post.

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Banned
    I would recommend not going to silver dale. It may be a large facility but the traffic there is also very large, and it is run like a business and very expensive, over $300 for a year, and you still have to pay a small fee each time you shoot.

My club is $120 + $45 ($165) per year because of the addtional $45 CSSA membership, but you don't have to pay any additional fee's you are good for an entire year for simply $165. It is a 50 yard hand-gun range though limited to only .22cal rifles, and handguns under .460 or .50cal (50cal half loads are okay, but not full loads. we just don't let anything too powerful be shot, because we don't want our backstop pierced).

There's an outdoor range near me which is $45 for a year, but you still need to pay $5 each time you go to shoot. Of course, this is all close to Niagara Falls, a little further south than Silver Dale.

Seeing how you are in the Toronto area, and you say Range Burlington is too far for you, I don't know how else to help you.

I used to live in Burlington, and then moved down to Niagara. All I know unfortunately is Range Burlington, and a few places around Niagara.