Combo gun loads?

Last week, a superb little German Bockbuschflinten, O/U, claws, Zeiss 1.5x6, etc, 16-70mm x 7-57r, came to live at my house. It is a functional work of art, built sometime in the 1960s and in fine shape all in all,.

I have had many 7x57s, have a custom HVA and a stone mint Brno ZG-47 carbine now, both in synthetic handles with 3-pos. safeties, so, am good on loading for this old and so good round.

However, since I want separate die sets for each of my rifles, I am also looking for any loads that anyone here may have found useful. I want to run 150-160ish bullets, mostly Nossies, no monometals in this, and using American-labeled powders as I have lots and do NOT want to buy any more.

Anyone?

"...want separate die sets for each of my rifles..." Whatever for? They dies mean nothing.
    Figure out what the rifling twist is then just load for whatever bullet weight works best with that. I'd be thinking 160's at around 2400 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...want separate die sets for each of my rifles..." Whatever for? They dies mean nothing.
    Figure out what the rifling twist is then just load for whatever bullet weight works best with that. I'd be thinking 160's at around 2400 fps.
    Because some of us like to have a set of dies specifically set up to size cases for one specific rifle and to load one bullet at one specific length for one specific rifle.

BBD, sounds like a beautiful rifle!
    Sorry I can't help for any loads, as I've not reloaded for any 7x57 yet.
    I've had decent luck with Sierra 160gr GameKings in my 7RM, not stellar accuracy, but certainly 'good enough.'
    I have some 140 and 160 Partitions I want to try out, they sure look to be a tough bullet.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

To expand on that, just in 7mm bores alone and after selling my collectible Brno 7x57s, except one, I have a HVA 4100 7x57, a Brno ZG-47 carbine 7x57, two Brno 21Hs-rechambered to .280Rem. from 7x57, a custom Remmy Seven 7/08, a Kimber MA 280AI, custom HVA 4100=Kreiger tubed .280Rem. and this fine combo 7x57r.

They, ALL take different loads, seating depths, bullet choices and adjustments to the sizing dies to re-size to where I find the optimal point to be for that specific rifle. Given the costs of good, custom hunting rifles, the cost of a set of even Redfield dies is a blip on the radar and not worth concern.

You CANNOT "guarantee" that a 160 NAB will need the same seating adjustment as a Barnes LRX 145 and continually adjusting diesets is a real PITA and leads to a lack of precision in loads........BTDT, not going to again.

Yeah, this is a particularly nice one and I have lots of Nossie 140s, 160s, Pt. and ABs as well as RWS H-mantels, Hornady 154 and 162 ILs and probably some others in the corners of my component cupboard. I am looking for 2500-2600, 24" tubes from the 160NAB, which is my first choice in this and have located both ammo and brass here in Canada.

Such a load will work on elk and moose at the ranges I will shoot at and deer as well. So, gotta order the stuff and get my gear set up and see where I end up.