Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    20191123_133832.jpg

I found this table saw at the dump about a year ago.
    I have some cutting to do, so I thought it would be a good time to investigate it.
    Put a new switch on, and it's good to go.
    Just needs a fence.
    Maybe I'll grab one the next time I'm at Sears...

It's not the greatest table saw, but better than the one I've been using for the last decade.
    And I can use my old one to catch boards after they come off of this one.
    20191123_155153.jpg
    Last edited by Dewey Cox; 11-23-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Dewey Cox

chrisc (11-24-2019), kennymo (11-23-2019), Swingerguy (11-23-2019)

Rona/Lowe’s has Craftsman stuff. Not sure how much of the new stuff is a carryover from the old stuff though.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Years ago worked with a lady whose husband drove a garbage truck in Vancouver.

She told me he would constantly bring home perfectly good items. Once a 12 foot aluminum fishing boat in next to new condition that was tagged for the garbage collector to take. He tied it to the side of the truck.

Many times full cases of toilet paper from one drug store (well known) that were unopened and in perfect condition???

Power tools in good condition, the list was endless.

Nowadays doubt it would be that good.
    My old hunting partner used to work the trucks in Coquitlem How ever you spell it. He said he also picked up a few guns. The things that he did pick up. Were in very good condition. Every six months. He would go to the swap meet around the Lougheed. He made $500 one time. Paid for his hunting trips.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    One day my dad came home with nearly a pickup full of LP records. The record store on the main street had a fire a month before. A lot of the covers had been wet, but most were fine. All the actual records were undamaged. Their insurance company must have called it a total loss and they ditched the entire inventory. Obviously there were many copies of everything, so the whole neighborhood and all our relatives got a selection.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

6. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Waterloomike (11-24-2019)

I usually come home with a propane tank or two every time I go to the dump. I'll usually wander through the tank section and have a look at any that look newish, usually good dates on them still and sometimes half full of propane! I have to watch now though as they scale you in and out, I need to be careful that the truck isn't heavier going out then coming in. A buddy suggested throwing a few bricks in the truck before hand that could be tossed out if required to shed some weight.
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

There is a grader operator who has a chain collection that would rival a chain selling store. He grades roads to gas and oil well sites.
    I found a walnut kitchen table 4'X8' that was a little weathered and spruced it up and sold it at Wards auction for $400. My wife found an old oak ice fridge/icebox from the 1920's. I refastened the shelf in it and she sold it for $300. She got the guy hauling it out of his moms basement to help load it into our truck. Then there's the Dinky toy collection that I just sold for $1500.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

9. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By tigrr

FALover (11-26-2019), Lee Enfield (11-25-2019), Waterloomike (11-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    20191123_133832.jpg

I found this table saw at the dump about a year ago.
    I have some cutting to do, so I thought it would be a good time to investigate it.
    Put a new switch on, and it's good to go.
    Just needs a fence.
    Maybe I'll grab one the next time I'm at Sears...

It's not the greatest table saw, but better than the one I've been using for the last decade.
    And I can use my old one to catch boards after they come off of this one.
    20191123_155153.jpg
    I have two of those Craftsman saws. In the first one the motor died and I found another entire saw for $30 so I picked it up. Still have the other one for spare bits. If you need a fence, etc, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    In the last several years I have collected hammers, plyers, a new tire and rim, a step ladder and several good scoop shovels. It pays to keep your eyes open when driving.
    I often grab those webbing straps from trucks when they end up on the side of the highway by my exit. Turn them into tow straps, hinges, etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By shootemup604

road kill (11-27-2019), Waterloomike (11-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Rona/Lowe’s has Craftsman stuff. Not sure how much of the new stuff is a carryover from the old stuff though.
    And DeWalt is honouring the warranty. Had a Craftsman ratchet that was broken, took it to Lowes and they sent me to the DeWalt store for warranty. Not sure about power tools but hand tools are covered.

I havent bought paint in years. The MD office has a paint drop off place and I have found enough pain to do the inside of the house plus all the barns and chicken houses. I have also picked up many full propane bottles and many other things there also.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567