Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Minister of Silly Walks pewpew62's Avatar

Cartridge Display Suggestions

I am starting to assemble a bit of a cartridge collection and would like a flexible way of displaying them. Right now if I bump the 200lb structure they're arranged on, they will fall over sometimes. I would like to be able to reindex when I get a new one and be able to pluck one off for closer inspection.

I was thinking of a L-Bracket with some kind of plasterzine, claylike that never dries out or messes up the brass. Is there such a thing?
    Thanks for any bright ideas. Best of the season to all you interesting cats.
    cart.JPG

Drill holes in a long stick...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Drill holes in a long stick...
    drill holes on like a two by four. make your own custom reloading tray.

otherwise you gonna have to glue velcro to the bottom of the rounds and put down a mat for them to fasten to.
    Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

A board with a series of appropriately sized shallow holes in it has been known to work well. Stain or paint to suit the room decor. I’d go with a relatively trim strip of hardwood, fasten to the wall with some brass screws, maybe even put a bit of a back on it.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C'mon people, that's the tried and proven "permanent install" I am asking for innovation, flexible, dig deep, I know it's in you.

If they are dummy rounds without primers you could pound thin finishing nails at appropiately spaced intervals into a board and slip the flash hole over the nail.

If they are primed you could glue or double sided tape a small magnet to each and fasten a thin sheet of metal to a board. You can get sheets of magnet with a sticker backing and cut to size.
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

buy a big flat magnet.

glue it to the top of the display stand/table/piece.

pull the bullet and fill the cartridge with iron shavings. put the bullet back on and put it on top of the magnet. The iron will hold it down securely until you want to move it.

Memeber of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By linung

pewpew62 (12-04-2019), Stew (12-05-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by pewpew62 View Post
    C'mon people, that's the tried and proven "permanent install" I am asking for innovation, flexible, dig deep, I know it's in you.
    I have a old lawyers document filing cabinet with channeled wood inserts that works perfectly. The wood was a decorative wall board decades ago and is cedar so you could make it IF you had a router and countless hours to spend cutting channels.

There are multiple drawers and none are very deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    I have a old lawyers document filing cabinet with channeled wood inserts that works perfectly. The wood was a decorative wall board decades ago and is cedar so you could make it IF you had a router and countless hours to spend cutting channels.

There are multiple drawers and none are very deep.
    SEND ME YOUR EMAIL IN A PM AND WILL SEND YOU A PICTURE.

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    buy a big flat magnet.

glue it to the top of the display stand/table/piece.

pull the bullet and fill the cartridge with iron shavings. put the bullet back on and put it on top of the magnet. The iron will hold it down securely until you want to move it.

Ya, verrry cooool, nah, too much work LOL.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast