H&R Buffalo and tang sights

I was told that you can mount a tang sight on an H&R Buffalo Classic, but, there is no metal tang on the rifle to mount to. Can you mount a tang/vernier sight on the wood stock?
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I know I've seen pics of them, but I think the sight was screwed to a piece of steel inletted into the wood, not an actual 'tang'.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

It might have to be 1 screw in the "tang" of the receiver metal and 1 inlet into the stock. If it's all on the stock, the sight is too far back to get a good grip. Think 1 screw taped into the metal and 1 inlet into the stock would work?
    Gun control is supported by an illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

So long as the butt is really secure to the receiver/tang, and always lines up in the same spot if it's disassembled, I don't see why not.
    It's not like you'd need to take the butt off the action very often anyways.
    Hmm... maybe weld on a tab, extending the tang, and inlet that into the wood.
    That would guarantee that it stayed put.
    Wouldn't be that big of a project.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

Quote Originally Posted by Rory McCanuck View Post
    So long as the butt is really secure to the receiver/tang, and always lines up in the same spot if it's disassembled, I don't see why not.
    It's not like you'd need to take the butt off the action very often anyways.
    Hmm... maybe weld on a tab, extending the tang, and inlet that into the wood.
    That would guarantee that it stayed put.
    Wouldn't be that big of a project.

Going to take the stock off and see if that will work.