Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Czy_Horse View Post
    My Axis was also patterned like a shotgun, could not get anything close to a consistent group until I changed the stock. After changing stocks, groups settled in "OK" with factory loads, shooting hand loads most groups less than 1 MOA. I've been impressed with the fit, the 25-06 the barrel is totally free floating all the way to the barrel nut. I've thought about pillar & glass bedding but it's out shooting me ATM.
    The two biggest changes we end up doing to the Savage Axis rifles is changing the stock and then the trigger. You can get away with a temp trigger job but one you swap out to a Savage Accutrigger or spring for a Timney trigger it's like night and day.

Nice as these stocks may be, do they not almost double the weight of your rifle?
    Are there any suppliers of replacement rifle stocks within Canada, or a Boyds distributor in Canada?
    Dealing with Canada customs on anything to do with firearms is not usually a very fun experience.

Would appreciate any information or links that anyone may have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maglvr View Post
    or a Boyds distributor in Canada?
    http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/find-a-dealer

There are 3 dealers in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/find-a-dealer

There are 3 dealers in Canada

I checked into these, the one is Sask has no website, the one in Calgary has no info, the one in BC has no info, other than to contact them, which I am about to do.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Czy_Horse View Post
    My Axis was also patterned like a shotgun, could not get anything close to a consistent group until I changed the stock. After changing stocks, groups settled in "OK" with factory loads, shooting hand loads most groups less than 1 MOA. I've been impressed with the fit, the 25-06 the barrel is totally free floating all the way to the barrel nut. I've thought about pillar & glass bedding but it's out shooting me ATM.
    I didn't mention that I bedded the action on the Boyd's as well when I it changed over.

I checked into these, the one is Sask has no website, the one in Calgary has no info, the one in BC has no info, other than to contact them, which I am about to do.

Thanks for the reply
    What kind of info do you need on the Websites?

The two biggest changes we end up doing to the Savage Axis rifles is changing the stock and then the trigger. You can get away with a temp trigger job but one you swap out to a Savage Accutrigger or spring for a Timney trigger it's like night and day.
    Didn't think to look for a Timney for it. Now the thought is in my head....... thanks.. not sure but I think it does have the accutrigger. Of course I have no idea where the little tool is for adjusting them. How low can you set the accutriggers? I've gotten kind of spoiled with other rifles - three Timneys and a Trigger Tech all at about a pound and a half ish

Nice as these stocks may be, do they not almost double the weight of your rifle?
    Are there any suppliers of replacement rifle stocks within Canada, or a Boyds distributor in Canada?
    Dealing with Canada customs on anything to do with firearms is not usually a very fun experience.

Thanks

Probably add quite a bit to it for sure but wouldn't think double. Depends on what the purpose is. If you are building a rifle for sheep and want super light to pack up a mountain then it isn't for you.
    As far as ordering. I've ordered three from them direct and there hasn't been an issue. The biggest thing to remember when ordering is to specify shipping via USPS (U.S. Postal Service) do not go UPS or other courier as you will have to give a nut for customs/duty charges through them. Overall a good experience and would order direct again.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf; 09-08-2017 at 09:55 AM.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Grey_Wolf

ruger#1 (09-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    Didn't think to look for a Timney for it. Now the thought is in my head....... thanks.. not sure but I think it does have the accutrigger. Of course I have no idea where the little tool is for adjusting them. How low can you set the accutriggers? I've gotten kind of spoiled with other rifles - three Timneys and a Trigger Tech all at about a pound and a half ish

The accutrigger has this silver internal part of the trigger with the holes. The accutrigger can adjust from 1.5/2 lbs to 6 lbs.

Thanks

The accutrigger has this silver internal part of the trigger with the holes. The accutrigger can adjust from 1.5/2 lbs to 6 lbs.
    Well that's what I have. It can go to 1.5 lbs.? You have a picture of the tool so I know what to look for lol. Never mind, just took a good look at the picture ...

Grey_Wolf. How long did it take for shipping. From the time you ordered the stock? I ordered a forest green laminate for the 300 Win Mag.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast