Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Just wondering what other info he would like to see.
    Prices, what's in stock, how fast it ships, shipping cost... stuff like that is always nice.

Did he use the email address that is on Boyds? If so that isn't the right email address and we have asked Boyd's to change it multiple times. If he used the Inventory Manager's direct email then I am surprised, since she generally responds within 24 hours. If he instead called the store, who did he speak to or did he call after hours and leave a voice mail?
    Can't help you there. I was just making an educated guess as to where the confuzzlement is. Remember, in this age everyone wants answers 5 minutes ago to a question they might ask tomorrow.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Prices, what's in stock, how fast it ships, shipping cost... stuff like that is always nice.
    Prices for every boyds stock would be pretty much impossible due to the amount of stocks there are and the various prices of base stocks and the options. Shipping costs depend upon distance.

As stands we generally don't have a stock in our store for more than a week before it's sold. So literally from day to day we don't know what we will have on the shelves. We can't have one of every stock on our shelf, that wouldn't be possible. So, many stocks are special order. Shipping time depends on when we can order a minimum of 5 stocks before we place an order. As stands this is at least once or twice a week.

If a person can order direct and get it under 3 weeks then I would suggest doing that. It takes us 3-4 weeks for Boyd's to make our order, ship it, and ship to our door. Boyd's doesn't have a warehouse full of stocks, they make each one as it comes in. Sometimes you get lucky and a stock made for another order which was cancelled is there and make thing's a little quicker.

And I'm not trying to do business on GOC, just explaining how things work.
    Last edited by Drache; 09-11-2017 at 08:39 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Drache

GTW (09-11-2017), ruger#1 (09-11-2017)

Finally got a delayed reply that I believe was sent on Sunday but seemed to have got lost out there in cyber land for a while.
    I got a quote for $281.25 CAD for a Boyd's stock priced at $129.00 USD, delivered to Ontario. (I asked about a trigger guard which they were supposed to check on and get back to me, but they never did)
    This seems a little out of line to me and I will check what the price is by ordering direct.

Quote Originally Posted by maglvr View Post
    Finally got a delayed reply that I believe was sent on Sunday but seemed to have got lost out there in cyber land for a while.
    I got a quote for $281.25 CAD for a Boyd's stock priced at $129.00 USD, delivered to Ontario. (I asked about a trigger guard which they were supposed to check on and get back to me, but they never did)
    This seems a little out of line to me and I will check what the price is by ordering direct.
    The email was received Friday afternoon just before closing. The Inventory Manager was forced to work the front counter all of Saturday due to a sickness and thus wasn't able to handle any inquiries until Sunday Morning (we are closed Sundays by the way but she came in to handle your inquiry due to not being able to Saturday). We are sorry that it took 36 hours to get back to you on an inquiry.

As for your quote, I'm not sure where you are getting the $281.25 from, as you quote came out to $256.65 after taxes and shipping to you in Ontario. As for the trigger guard she replied to you stating we were waiting for confirmation from Boyds about it, I was there when she wrote the reply.

No idea where you're getting the $129 USD delivered to Ontario since Boyds will charge you freight and you'll have taxes and duty on that when it crosses the border?
    Last edited by Drache; 09-12-2017 at 10:31 AM.

As for your quote, I'm not sure where you are getting the $281.25 from, as you quote came out to $256.65 after taxes and shipping to you in Ontario. As for the trigger guard she replied to you stating we were waiting for confirmation from Boyds about it, I was there when she wrote the reply.

No idea where you're getting the $129 USD delivered to Ontario since Boyds will charge you freight and you'll have taxes and duty on that when it crosses the border?
    My mistake on the total invoice, I thought it was $256.25 plus $25.00 shipping.
    I never said anything about having one shipped from boyd's for $129 USD, I was only referring to the $129 USD price of the stock on boyd's website and your price delivered to Ontario.
    I said I would check on the price when ordering it direct from boyd's, (and I would have it shipped to Michigan which is 2 miles away) not to Ontario.
    With the current exchange rate it would be $165 CAD plus whatever they charge me for shipping to Mich. which I can't imagine would be more than $15 for a total of about $180 CAD.

It's always cheaper to go direct and especially if you have it shipped to the US and pick it up yourself. You would save yourself the fees we have to pay for shipping as well as the fees to have it shipped to you.

be really interested if someone could bring in stocks from the guys at Rhineland Arms,
    http://www.troupsystems.com/Scorpion%20rimfire.html

When I ordered my MK II & Axis stocks (July 2017), the shipping price from Boyd's for 1 stock and trigger guard/floor plate was $68 US to SW Ontario. I checked the shipping for 2 stocks and hardware it was $78 US. Ordering 2 stocks at once helped to cut the cost/stock down. Canada Post was standing there with their hand out wanting Tax when they delivered. Some US companies will not ship to an US address if the credit card used has a Canadian address, don't quote me on this but I think has something to do with their (Boyd's) export permit.

My stock came across to Toronto. Sat in customs for a day. Now it is in Richmond B.C. sitting. Looks like it will be here Monday. How much duty did you have to pay?

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

I don't believe I was charged any duty. I just had to pay, at the door, sales tax when Canada Post delivered (Ontario 13%- Provincial & Federal).

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Czy_Horse

ruger#1 (09-22-2017)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast