Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyds Stock

Boyds Stock

I have a Ruger American Rimfire chambered in 17 hmr. The rifle is great except for one thing, the stock. I find it is really flimsy, especially when using the bipod.
    17hmr.jpg

I am planning on ordering a Boyds Stock. Has anyone used a Boyds Stock? How do you like it?
    Are there any other stock options for this rifle?

Put one on my savage 308 love it,hated that plastic flimsy stock
    no messing around at all screws fit, barrel floats doubled the weight of the rifle
    would I do it again absolutely, but order the metal trigger guard with it next time
    please update as I have acquired a ruger american in 22-250 and would be interested
    to see if its an improvement as the ruger plastic stock is bedded alot better than the savage

I hated the tupperware stocks on my MK II FV and my Axis 25-06. The Boyd stocks made a big improvement in function and looks.

My Savage MK II FV c/w Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 x 40 AO, Boyd's Evolution style stock in Royal Jacaranda Laminate.

My Savage Axis in 25-06 Rem c/w Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 x 50 AO, Boyd's Featherweight Thumbhole style stock in Royal Jacaranda Laminate.

They where well worth the wait

4. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Czy_Horse

Drache (08-22-2017), Eel (08-22-2017), g0rd0 (01-14-2018), jwirecom109 (08-22-2017), kennymo (08-22-2017), Rory McCanuck (08-22-2017), ruger#1 (08-22-2017), Swampdonkey (09-22-2017)

nice upgrade

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Stocks for the MKII are becoming really popular

I'd love to try their At-One stock
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

I have a Savage Axis that I built a wildcat on, it was a .223, that had the plastic stock. Got it to save weight for my wife. It only needed to be good for 125 yards max, and it was, but it was like shotgun patterning beyond that. Put a Boyd's Featherweight Thumbhole stock on it and it's shooting moa to 400 now. I have another on a different rifle but no tales of vast improvement, I bought it cause I liked the new stock and didn't feel like opening up the barrel channel on the old for a new heavy barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I'd love to try their At-One stock
    Held one that we brought in. Seems like it would be nice but can't fully comment as I haven't gotten to shoot one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    Held one that we brought in. Seems like it would be nice but can't fully comment as I haven't gotten to shoot one yet.
    what are you waiting for?
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
    I have a Savage Axis that I built a wildcat on, it was a .223, that had the plastic stock. Got it to save weight for my wife. It only needed to be good for 125 yards max, and it was, but it was like shotgun patterning beyond that. Put a Boyd's Featherweight Thumbhole stock on it and it's shooting moa to 400 now. I have another on a different rifle but no tales of vast improvement, I bought it cause I liked the new stock and didn't feel like opening up the barrel channel on the old for a new heavy barrel.
    My Axis was also patterned like a shotgun, could not get anything close to a consistent group until I changed the stock. After changing stocks, groups settled in "OK" with factory loads, shooting hand loads most groups less than 1 MOA. I've been impressed with the fit, the 25-06 the barrel is totally free floating all the way to the barrel nut. I've thought about pillar & glass bedding but it's out shooting me ATM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast