Recently Certified Firearms Instructor looking for firearms donations

Hi there,

My name is Delano and I have recently been certified as an instructor for both the Canadian Firearms Safety Course and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course.

As those of you that have taken either of the courses probably know that several inoperable firearms are required to teach the course, to use as demo guns and props. If any of you have old firearms that no longer function properly, or are just dust collectors, I would be more than happy to take them, deactivate them and use them as tools to teach the next generation of responsible firearms owners. (I will also cover shipping costs of course)

Additionally, if any of you process damaged firearms components (IE damaged barrels due to misuse or mistreatment) I will also happily take those as they serve as physical lessons that can easily pass on a message to those just getting into firearms.

As a side note, the majority of the courses that I will be teaching will be for the University of Calgary Firearms Association, so any donation will be directly assisting them and ensuring that any interested individual on campus receives adequate firearms education and has the chance to obtain their firearms license.

Thanks for your time, please contact me if you are interesting in helping me out or require any additional information about myself or what I do.

Cheers,

Delano
    Last edited by jwirecom109; 08-30-2017 at 12:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Delano Firearms Instructor

SIR VEYOR (08-30-2017), Swampdonkey (08-29-2017)

This message was approved by the GOC administration.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

4. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

Dewey Cox (08-29-2017), Eel (08-29-2017), SIR VEYOR (08-30-2017), Swampdonkey (08-29-2017)

Can you still deactivate stuff to cock'n click? Or do they remain registered as firearms if you do so?

Minimum deactivation standards fir the CFSC/CRFSC is the removal of the firing pin, actual deactivation status is not required.

The firearms I use for instruction, regardless of their status are still registered as firearms.

Cheers,

Delano

Ah, thanks!

As an Instructor you will know this so I am just posting for those that may not know.

There is a specific ATT issued to an Instructor for teaching the restricted course. The restricted firearms (as mentioned) are registered and must be dealt with as live firearms regardless of the method of deactivation (chopped and milled vs pulling the firing pin) but further, an Instructor can not transport any live firearms or ammunition at the same time they are transporting the training firearms and ammo.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    I've got an old bolt action 22 you can have,, extrator is buggered,, fixable if your into that
    CSSA