Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ill order once once they clear customs. cant wait to add it to my collection of X39 rifles

The blond wood and blue finish alone make this one a priority over the other x39 semi's for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    This gun intrigues me....but a Mini 14 and Westrifle's CZ knockoff are intriguing me more. One of those will likely be the next serious purchase.....unless a really great deal or one of the handguns on my short list cross paths with me first. Really should've got that Model 29 for $800 last year....stupid me.
    Yea, for the price I rather get a wr762 or whatever they're calling them.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    This gun intrigues me....but a Mini 14 and Westrifle's CZ knockoff are intriguing me more. One of those will likely be the next serious purchase.....unless a really great deal or one of the handguns on my short list cross paths with me first. Really should've got that Model 29 for $800 last year....stupid me.
    Mini-14 was about the worst gun I ever owned. The old 1951 SKS that the wife got me for Christmas shoots way better. I got took.

I traded the Mini on a lightly used Remington 78 in .223 at a loss, and does that rifle ever shoot!!! Mini with a scope, clean or dirty, what ever ammo you fed it, 10-12" at 100 yards. Back in the day we could still use 30 round clips, and when hunting coyotes, we always said we were "spraying for them".

10"! wow, you got a lemon, mine is 2"
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

South East from the center of the Universe
    Does the bolt carrier on a type 81 accept stripper clips like an SKS'? It would be handy to have the ability to charge the magazine through the top of the receiver.
    I believe I'll order one...but I'm really cautious considering the 858 tomfu<kery that went on not long ago.
    "This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud refers to the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Friend in our old coyote gang had one that shot at least as good as yours; a couple of us from our gang went out and bought one because of his; so did a few other guys in the area. None of the other rifles were able to shoot any tighter than 10" with scopes at 100 yards.

Hang on to yours, you likely will never get another one like it.

Remember the "A-Team"; they could never hit anyone that the shot at either with those rifles. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Mini-14 was about the worst gun I ever owned. The old 1951 SKS that the wife got me for Christmas shoots way better. I got took.

I traded the Mini on a lightly used Remington 78 in .223 at a loss, and does that rifle ever shoot!!! Mini with a scope, clean or dirty, what ever ammo you fed it, 10-12" at 100 yards. Back in the day we could still use 30 round clips, and when hunting coyotes, we always said we were "spraying for them".
    You said back in the day which leads me to believe you must have had a old Mini with the skinny barrel. I read they were bad when they heated up. Mine were 2". Back on the Type 81 topic

The Type 81 is proven design that has been around for years that was designed to replace the type 56 AK for accuracy and chrome lined for lasting longer and used all over the world. From all the research I've done a better rifle, ours are new NOT mil surp.

TI announced last week only 30 left of the one stock design. Which are on route and supposed to be here at the end on the month worst case early OCT. CBSA is god when it comes to the border nothing anyone can do about it.
    The people bashing it and trolls and those sitting on the fence can wait maybe you'll get one maybe you won't.But your wait for the next batch could be a long one since this batch was attached to a 30K military order or we wouldn't have got it. Being rare at this point supply and demand will dictate what resale value will be.Eg CZ 858 $699 to $1500. It's not a SKS do some research before showing ignorance.

Comparing it to a NEA 102 is a apples to oranges thing plus the NEA is new,unproven and will be around and plentiful once new orders are filled. I k for a Chinese gun seems like a lot to some because China has cheap labor they don't pay union wages or even fair wages. It's a commie gun no denying it. I here hypocrites all the time saying they won't buy cheap Chinese junk. Who here has had one to say it's junk?

Yet half those peoples stuff in their home comes from China. Those people use I phones and androids. Where do you think those are coming from? If you want a T 81.get it now,sometime in the following week TI is cancelling the pre-order bonus a extra mag and sling.I've been on the list so long I got another 50 bucks knocked off in the form of a in house transferable credit already spent mine.

If you buy one I highly doubt you'll have a hard time selling it. To those who purchased enjoy {rant off}
    Last edited by Sinbad; 09-02-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Yeah, buddy has one. Haven't measured the group size but we're hitting what we aim for at 100 yards without issue. It's one of the old scrawny barrelled mini's he inherited from his dad too. Spent most of it's life getting banged around a storage bin on his boat and is none the worse for wear....I'm in. Just waiting for that magical combination of a good deal and me having money....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

My god the text wall...

Unproven..heh... Currently the 102 is far more proven than the Canadian legal adaptation of the Type 81 is

Sorry to pee in the kool-aide
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

Plinker 777 (09-02-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast