Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member Hidyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    693
    You would think they would be offended that the government treats them like children because they see their race as a handicap.

  2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Hidyn

    firemachine69 (09-20-2017), Marcel (09-19-2017), Swampdonkey (09-18-2017)

  3. #22
    Decided that being pink is in
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    3,033
    How about I call her a cunned stunt, does that make her feel better? That is a white guys term.

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    6,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidyn View Post
    You would think they would be offended that the government treats them like children because they see their race as a handicap.
    I was never racist or sexist until I noticed I was held to higher standards because of my race and sex. Obviously, I am better than others if they all need help attaining equality with me.

    I wonder what a Liberal would say to that.

  5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Swampdonkey

    firemachine69 (09-20-2017), Marcel (09-19-2017)

  6. #24
    Senior Member killer kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    REDmonton
    Posts
    5,024
    Quote Originally Posted by FallisCowboy View Post
    The only thing I feel even remotely upset about is my ancestors used the wrong virus, so now I'm stuck with the 5% of those useless stone age snowflakes that survived. They were conquered, sold out by their own ancestors for trinkets, and now it has been proved that they don't even have the claim to being the first; why should I be forced to support their parasitic lifestyle? IMHO, they should integrate and contribute or become extinct like so many other stone age groups have.
    And we have the indian act to thank for this. 21st century, c'mon up!
    Green is the new Red

  7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By killer kane

    firemachine69 (09-20-2017), Marcel (09-19-2017)

  8. #25
    Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vesper Sask
    Posts
    11,070
    squaw

    "Squaw" DOES NOT mean vagina, or any other body part for that matter.

    The word comes from the Massachusett(no S)

    Algonquian tribe and means: female, young woman.

    The word squaw is not related to the Mohawk word "ojiskwa": which does mean vagina.

    There is absolutely no derogatory meaning in the word "squaw".

    "Squaw" has been a familiar word in American literature and language since the 16th century and has been generally understood to mean "an Indian woman, or wife.

    and just a friendly warning to all of my GoC friends - don't call any indian woman 'squaw' cause them bitchs can put a whooping on your scrawny ass
    CSSA

  9. The Following 9 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

    88 louie (09-19-2017), DanN (09-19-2017), Doug_M (09-19-2017), Eddmac (09-19-2017), FallisCowboy (09-19-2017), lone-wolf (09-19-2017), Magi (09-19-2017), Rory McCanuck (09-19-2017), Swampdonkey (09-19-2017)

  10. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    squaw

    "Squaw" DOES NOT mean vagina, or any other body part for that matter.

    The word comes from the Massachusett(no S)

    Algonquian tribe and means: female, young woman.

    The word squaw is not related to the Mohawk word "ojiskwa": which does mean vagina.

    There is absolutely no derogatory meaning in the word "squaw".

    "Squaw" has been a familiar word in American literature and language since the 16th century and has been generally understood to mean "an Indian woman, or wife.

    and just a friendly warning to all of my GoC friends - don't call any indian woman 'squaw' cause them bitchs can put a whooping on your scrawny ass
    The thing is...

    If I call a native woman a squaw, it's either archaic or insulting.

    But if I read the word squaw in a book written in the 1800s, it's merely an archaic word.

    Much like Nigger Jim and Injun Joe in Mark Twain stories, or even Shylock in the Merchant Of Venice these characters force us to confront and engage with complex ideas around race ,language and history...the good, the bad and the downright ugly.

  11. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By ilikemoose

    firemachine69 (09-20-2017), Swampdonkey (09-20-2017)

  12. #27
    Senior Member Zinilin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,292
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoose View Post
    The thing is...

    If I call a native woman a squaw, it's either archaic or insulting.

    But if I read the word squaw in a book written in the 1800s, it's merely an archaic word.

    Much like Nigger Jim and Injun Joe in Mark Twain stories, or even Shylock in the Merchant Of Venice these characters force us to confront and engage with complex ideas around race ,language and history...the good, the bad and the downright ugly.
    You may be uninformed.
    It is a word in their native language and they are actively trying to preserve their native language.
    Native Languages of the Americas:
    Preserving and promoting American Indian languages
    Link: http://www.native-languages.org/

    When an English person uses the work Squaw it is no different from a Cherokee person using the word Woman.

    If you are offended by your own language, you might be have a mental disorder.

  13. The Following User Liked This Post By Zinilin

    Swampdonkey (09-20-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM
  2. Justin Trudeau Taken To Task By Families Of Missing And Murdered Indigenous Women
    By Billythreefeathers in forum Non Firearms Politics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 04:55 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 01:07 PM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •