Anyone else loading 6.8 SPC?

I just swapped the 6.8 set up onto my XCR in anticipation of the upcoming deer season and my first couple loads seem to be very accurate with Nosler 110 gr Accubonds and Remington 115 gr Core Lokt Ultras with H322 powder. Now I'm thinking of playing with some other bullets..... Anyone else loading 6.8?

As far as powders go, H4198 and Rel 7 work for me but my go to powders are 10-X and H322. 10-X powder is considered the powder for best accuracy and highest velocities in this calibre from all the sources I have resourced. I have a couple of 6.8 SPC rifles and the Hornady 110 HP with H322 works very well in both. I am using Barnes 110 gr. bullets for hunting. No success yet so I can't say how well they work but they are very accurate. Hornady 110 gr. V-Max bullets are quite accurate but not recommended for deer. Speer bullets (90 gr. HP) have proven to be very accurate (5 shots @ 100 yds= .51 inch group in a 6.8 SPC AR build). There is a relatively new powder that has potential in the 6.8 SPC: IMR 8028 XBR. I am using it but don't have any conclusive results yet. Hope this helps.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

The load I'm going to deer hunt with is a 110 Nosler Accubond in front of 29 grains of 322. I just loaded up some 110gr VMAX over 29 gr of 322 as well and I'll try them the next time out although they way too explosive for use as a deer bullet.

I haven't been able to come across the Accubonds that you are loading. If they are like any other Noslers they should be good on game. Definitely wouldn't use the V-Max except on coyotes or wolves. Would be interested to hear how you make out with the Accubonds. Have you chronographed them? Not all that familiar with the XCR, what is the barrel length?
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    I haven't been able to come across the Accubonds that you are loading. If they are like any other Noslers they should be good on game. Definitely wouldn't use the V-Max except on coyotes or wolves. Would be interested to hear how you make out with the Accubonds. Have you chronographed them? Not all that familiar with the XCR, what is the barrel length?
    I picked them up at Bass Pro. I don't own a chronograph but by the book they should be around 2690fps or so. Ther are sub MOA accurate, I'll see how they kill in a few weeks. I believe the XCR barrel is 19" plus the muzzle brake.