Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 600 Yards View Post
    Sorely disappointed with the performance on the Derya MK12. I have had issues with it from the start. I purchased this for myself as a Christmas present, and it came via Canada Post quite quickly despite the time of year. I had a friend make me up several inert shells, and had difficulty even loading the magazines with inert shells for testing purposes. I found the magazines extremely stiff and almost impossible to load the 5th round in. I have left the magazines loaded with the inert shells, to try and relieve some tension on the springs since receiving the shotgun to no avail. Come range day (finally), the shotgun was a disappointment to run. I used two different type of shells in an attempt to see which ones would run best. I was never able to run a 5 round magazine without a failure to eject (at all), a stovepipe, or a failure to feed jam, where the incoming shell actually bent before making it into battery. The bolt release "button" is none existent and you are compelled to pull the bolt back and release to charge the shotgun (despite what you see in their videos). I tried to contact Derya only to be told to contact O'Dell Engineering who have yet to reply to either of my two e-mails. But hey, they have my money, why bother with customer service? If you are purchasing the shotgun for the range, and don't mind stripping stove pipes, and messing with jams all afternoon, by all means, buy it. If you are buying it for bear defense, buy a pump, and save your life. I may have gotten a "lemon" but they could have at least sent a gun that didn't feel like it was dropped in sand at the factory! I have the feeling I was sent someone else's problem child.
    Not sure if this would apply to your gun but some of this Turkish stuff is made in the same places and distributed in different names.

Wolverine brought in the Alpha Arms SA 08 sounds like the same problem they had it wouldn't cycle.They ended up cutting a section out of the mag spring because it was to long and applying to much tension,which helped also some were installed backwards.

Lots of Turkish mags are interchangeable Uzcon mags fit the 1919 I had.

The mags could be made at the same place. Try some different magazines.

Canadian ForcesMember gunner065's Avatar
    I have had no problems with my Mk-12. After the first 5 round magazine of buck shot, I was shooting 7.5 challengers. Didn't do a "break in" as what I should have done according to the internet. The only issue I have is loading the rounds in the mag with the end catching on the lip of brass from the one already loaded. As for ejecting and firing, runs like a champ.
    If it were easy, everyone would do it

Love your Freedom, Thank a Vet

The efficient cycling of these shotguns depends on making certain that the gas-O-rings are in place and not dislodged or worn out. I have worked on one that was actually minus an O-ring and it had indeed become a single-shot.

Iíll have to figure out how to check that but, when I shot some slugs it cycled fine. Iíve not yet tried lighter loads through it to see if itís looked up but......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had extensive experience with both the Typhoon and the Mk12. My personal opinion is that the Derya is the better gun. Feel free to PM me and I'll discuss it with you at length.

That being said, I've noticed a trend with the Turkish shotguns - they either really work, or they really don't. When you get a lemon, you get a lemon.

Polish Sausage
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK. HURDLE THE DEAD.

I found that if I stripped it down and cleaned off all the original goop and replaced it with new clean stuff she cycles fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by ADG Gunworks View Post
    The efficient cycling of these shotguns depends on making certain that the gas-O-rings are in place and not dislodged or worn out. I have worked on one that was actually minus an O-ring and it had indeed become a single-shot.
    So i just finished striping mine down (just bought it) and i was cleaning off all the packing oil when i noticed it looked like i was missing an o ring. Part #66 the sealer ring. Do u know what size it is or what material i.e. rubber or silicon? Im going to hit up the hardware stores tomorrow. Really wanna try this thing out!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_Sausage View Post
    I have had extensive experience with both the Typhoon and the Mk12. My personal opinion is that the Derya is the better gun. Feel free to PM me and I'll discuss it with you at length.

That being said, I've noticed a trend with the Turkish shotguns - they either really work, or they really don't. When you get a lemon, you get a lemon.

Polish Sausage
    Do u know what size part #66 sealer is? I just stripped my new mk 12 to wipe up the packing oil and noticed its missing an o ring!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I don't. Odell Engineering does the warranty on the MK12's. Maybe give them a try?
    TRAMPLE THE WEAK. HURDLE THE DEAD.

Senior Member Weekend Gunslingers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADG Gunworks View Post
    My new Derya mk12 also seems to be missing the #66 part which appears to be an O-ring. It cycles BB size waterfowl loads 100% but no dice on light target loads. I also have only about 50 shells through it so probably too soon to tell. But would that O-ring be the cause of not cycling lighter loads?
    Last edited by Weekend Gunslingers; 05-07-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    "Never step in anything soft"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast