Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: PPC Shooters

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Oh man I was looking at the scores, my scores fell off a cliff after lunch lol
    Great meeting you, hopefully I'll be back next year too. Great day, long day!

Also, that lady DFO officer shot the lights out
    Same, I could have shot alot better. I got like 2 and 1/2 hours of sleep because I decided to put onions on my pizza I made. Which brought back the indigestion, ulcer/Gerd, whatever I got.

I was contesting a score, from stage 3, and was going to take a miss, because we couldn't figure out what the guy wrote. But lucky I wrote that tally down for that stage. So we fixed it. But I had to run back to the line, and shoot. Blew that barricade stage. And last couple kneeling really killed me. So I could have taken 2nd place. Always next years if I'm still in Marksman div, or if Ill move up.

Hopefully you come down next year.

Already looking at new sights for the CZ.. I'm using a thin fiber front, with wide blacked out rear night sight.

The last couple stages, I totally forgot about aiming high at the 9/8 numbers on the target while at 25yrds and had a lot of misses in the barricade + kneeling 25yrds

An ambi safety and an adjustable rear sight is on the too do list for my 1911. Curious if a proper high hold with the weak hand will improve my scoring.
    It'll be nice to manipulate the safety naturally at the very least.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

RobertMcC
    The last couple stages, I totally forgot about aiming high at the 9/8 numbers on the target while at 25yrds and had a lot of misses in the barricade + kneeling 25yrds

An ambi safety and an adjustable rear sight is on the too do list for my 1911. Curious if a proper high hold with the weak hand will improve my scoring.
    It'll be nice to manipulate the safety naturally at the very least.
    I gotta work on the LH barricade. Putting my knuckles against the posts, ends up me punching it. Be placing a target order for some B27s and patches soon. I got some people from non PPC clubs that wants to get into it.

I just put a Dlask adjustable sight on my Springfield 1911. I never bother flicking on the safety. But they are good for resting your thumbs.

I don't think they really care about the rules that much. As long as it's not a OPEN race gun.

Because I noticed that they only say. Nothing about semi auto.

Revolvers are to be shot double action at ranges other than 50 m. At 50 m, they may be shot single or double action.

We had 13 shooters out for our club PPC match this beautiful morning, I shot a 802 out of 900, no 50yrds, a tighter timed duty match.

Actually put all my left hand barricade shots on target at 25yrds but one was a non-scorer.
    Extended my pistol+hands past the barricade so only my forearm was against the barricade, seemed to help.
    Would be hard to do that at the NS match though, easier to cheat a little on the barricade position at the club lol

Aptet aut mori

5. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

RobertMcC
    We had 13 shooters out for our club PPC match this beautiful morning, I shot a 802 out of 900, no 50yrds, a tighter timed duty match.

Actually put all my left hand barricade shots on target at 25yrds but one was a non-scorer.
    Extended my pistol+hands past the barricade so only my forearm was against the barricade, seemed to help.
    Would be hard to do that at the NS match though, easier to cheat a little on the barricade position at the club lol
    Repete from CGN. Is a PPC instructor. I believe he said forearms are okay. Just the gun cannot touch the barricade. I'll find the post.

RobertMcC
    This was posted on Brian Enos forum.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/4...ade-technique/

I don't recommend using the post for a support, because most of the posts flop around.

The rule say that you must touch the post with a part of your arm. I put my support arm wrist, about 3" above the joint just kissing the post. Just don't let the gun touch the post.

I've seen people knuckling the post and had malfunctions due to the cylinder dragging on the post.

I recieved my PPC training from an RCMP firearms training officer who said never to rely on the post being solid.

I've gone to matches where the post was a 2x4 in a wooden stand and flopped like a seal.

I'm also a PPC instructor.
    Edited February 27, 2007 by RePete

I haven't shot PPC, since the match..Been busy.. I bet some of the boys in the club are salty, because I took 3rd in Marksman and too good for them anymore LOL

8. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

lone-wolf (10-06-2019)

RobertMcC
    The NSRA posted the scores from the 1500 match..

So 25M Barricade, 50M Barricade and 25M Kneeling again, are stages I need to improve on. Like I figured Stage 5, 25M barricade stage is the one I flopped. Was the one I rushed because I was contesting a score. Stage 8A was another 25M barricade and I scored nearly double.

http://www.nsrifle.org/HG2019PPCresults.pdf

I totally busted on stage 9 18pts/60, 25m kneeling even though stage 8 I had 54pts/60 which was also 25m kneeling
    My 3 and 3a, standing at 25m(no support) was fine, but my 5 & 8a(standing l/r barricade) were busts too

So, 50m duh(70/240pts), I need to work on, along with my barricade stuff as well - but it was looking good the last sunday at the range.
    Definitely keeping the just barely 'kissing' the barricade in mind.

I think stage 9 for me was all due to being tired, and I didn't put my point of aim correctly, aimed too low. Saw it grouping around the bottom of the target.

Aptet aut mori

RobertMcC
    I totally busted on stage 9 18pts/60, 25m kneeling even though stage 8 I had 54pts/60 which was also 25m kneeling
    My 3 and 3a, standing at 25m(no support) was fine, but my 5 & 8a(standing l/r barricade) were busts too

So, 50m duh(70/240pts), I need to work on, along with my barricade stuff as well - but it was looking good the last sunday at the range.
    Definitely keeping the just barely 'kissing' the barricade in mind.

I think stage 9 for me was all due to being tired, and I didn't put my point of aim correctly, aimed too low. Saw it grouping around the bottom of the target.
    See you next year...Ill be practicing more this year And focusing on my grip. Try and keep my grip/stance constant.

I shot a match yesterday in Listowel; instead of my NZ85 9mm I shot the .40 steel, full sized Jericho. I love that Pistol, but despite a pounding sinus headache and the early pangs of a bout of "green-apple quick-step", I managed to shoot a 910/1500; not great, but considering everything, it was OK, and was still a lot of fun. It has been close to three months since I even fired that pistol and I was shooting loads a bit hotter than normal too. I'm only in it for the fun, and it sure is fun!!

I am however, waiting on a transfer for a Ruger GP100 blued .357 with a 4.2" barrel. That will be fun too!!

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By MarkR

lone-wolf (11-24-2019), road kill (11-24-2019)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456