Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PPC Shooters

RobertMcC

PPC Shooters

Who shoots PPC ?

I just started shooting PPC a few month ago, and I love it. Been helping me shoot better.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Who shoots PPC ?

I just started shooting PPC a few month ago, and I love it. Been helping me shoot better.
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't PPC the equivalent of IDPA in the states? i'd like to try this , i know idpa is more ''practical''' as it send you into real life scenarios so the mental aspect is more self defence oriented than the ipsc game where time pay off more than absolute accuracy. ipsc is a game, PPC -IDPA is mental prepping to self defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but isn't PPC the equivalent of IDPA in the states? i'd like to try this , i know idpa is more ''practical''' as it send you into real life scenarios so the mental aspect is more self defence oriented than the ipsc game where time pay off more than absolute accuracy. ipsc is a game, PPC -IDPA is mental prepping to self defence.
    Actually its more just police qualification. Its all timed static shooting, various ranges, various positions. weak, strong, supported/unsupported. No moving. Meant for all level of shooters. More about accuracy.

We shoot every Friday a course of fire that 96 rounds from 3 Y to 15Y.

I'm getting into the mid 900 now. Since shooting my accuracy has been improving a lot. Last night I bet my best score at 932/960 Grand Power K100. Previous was 922 shot with my 1911, and 917 with my 9mm revolver.

i can see on paper that this is more ''multi skills''' oriented,like idpa . seems like a ton of fun. what i like in there is you must follow a pre determined plan which is different than ipsc. you have to ''internalize''' the mandatory ''plan''' before hitting the course of fire . i like that. this was the reason for me when i filled my form 6 to be able to cross the border for some idpa match in new hampshire and vermont.

here in culbec, forget about this. the s cul dosen't want civilians to perform this kind of drills better than them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    i can see on paper that this is more ''multi skills''' oriented,like idpa . seems like a ton of fun. what i like in there is you must follow a pre determined plan which is different than ipsc. you have to ''internalize''' the mandatory ''plan''' before hitting the course of fire . i like that. this was the reason for me when i filled my form 6 to be able to cross the border for some idpa match in new hampshire and vermont.

here in culbec, forget about this. the s cul dosen't want civilians to perform this kind of drills better than them.
    Its just fun. Really no plan of action. Just challenges you a bit. Like using weak hand supported, to switch to your strong hand. All you can do is just get better.

Ive been flip fopping on the guns and load. But I finally settled on a gun and load ill be using for the rest.

First Friday of the month we shoot it using 22 rimfire. Rest centerfire. Sometime we switch up which guns we use.

I don't see any video of our shoots on youtube, but the peira has a couple on facebook.
    Our duty pistol(semi auto) shoots go back to 25yrds, while the revolver course goes to 50yrds.
    We only do 90rds/match. So 900 is the best score possible.

https://www.facebook.com/PEIRIFLE/vi...7424355827253/

I'll echo everything Robert has said, it's a great way to improve your fundamentals, learn what works for you, what doesn't.
    Also some great people to hang around with at the range.
    I find it really relaxing.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

"...isn't PPC the equivalent of IDPA..." Nope. PPC started as .38 Special revolvers only using pure target loads that were the fabled 2.7 of Bullseye and a 148 grain WC. Originally shot by cops, but since they all went to pistols, it's just another shooting game that has nothing practical about it.
    PPC-IDPA have nothing whatever to do with prepping for self defence any more than any of the shooting games. As soon as there are "official" rules, practicality goes out the window. First rule in all of 'em is, "Thou shalt have fun."

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    I don't see any video of our shoots on youtube, but the peira has a couple on facebook.
    Our duty pistol(semi auto) shoots go back to 25yrds, while the revolver course goes to 50yrds.
    We only do 90rds/match. So 900 is the best score possible.

https://www.facebook.com/PEIRIFLE/vi...7424355827253/

I'll echo everything Robert has said, it's a great way to improve your fundamentals, learn what works for you, what doesn't.
    Also some great people to hang around with at the range.
    I find it really relaxing.

Our indoors is only 20Y, and we loss the ability to shoot pistols on the rifle range. So cannot do the 50Y one. Yeah I enjoy it. Great group of people, most are IPSC shooters. Learn more each time I shoot. Don't need any fancy gear or guns.

I might record next week shoot. I want to get a body camera or try and get video shooting glasses but I got RX so might be harder to adapter mine.

RobertMcC
    Guess we changed it to Open night with a modified 960 point PPC match. 5 Y to 20Y.

I used a modified 22/45 and using a red dot makes shooting easier. I can see

I came in 3rd. I normally lose fair bit at 15Y but I only lost 2 points, and at 20Y I loss 6.

Also got to use a modified Shadow 2 with a Cmore RTS2.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Also got to use a modified Shadow 2 with a Cmore RTS2.
    Nice!
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast