Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

winchester 303 brit

A heads up winchester sneeks in 308 bullets in their 303 brit ammo., winchester will not do anything about it except if your willing to ship ammo back to the usa at your cost and give you a refund 2 months later if ammo gets across border., i'm trying to get canadian tire to pull their ammo until they get their crap together as stores do not take back ammo even if defective., so anyone with issues boycott and try to have ammo pulled!, Our lives and money depend on it!

Just buy some PRVI or S&B instead. It's cheaper and I find the brass better than the Winchester stuff for reloading.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Ditto on the Privi or S&B, I went there long ago.
    I’ve started using Herter’s brass for reloading as well as it is made by Privi.

Back in the issue. To the OP, where did you come across this and do you have a source you can provide? How widespread is this issue, is this recent, do you have any production lot numbers that have the wrong bullets? I’m asking because I have about 5 boxes left of Winchester 303 Brit ammo left, and may have to go mic them.
    Last edited by GTW; 11-24-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

RobertMcC
    Winchester ammo is the lowest of the low. Its only good for plinking. And you want it pulled, because why?

It is most likely a Canadian Tire issue.

I once picked up an axe machete shovel set from them. The girl told me it was brand new. I got home and open the box to find the machete missing and the ax dirty. It was obviously used.

If ammo is the wrong caliber, mostly like is an issue with Canadian Tire.
    Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

Quote Originally Posted by abbygaffy View Post
    A heads up winchester sneeks in 308 bullets in their 303 brit ammo.,
    How many of them have you mic'd to come up with this claim?
    winchester will not do anything about it except if your willing to ship ammo back to the usa at your cost and give you a refund 2 months later if ammo gets across border.,
    Bull! Winchester has warranty dealers in Canada that you send stuff to, and the warranty dealers will issue refund coupons.
    i'm trying to get canadian tire to pull their ammo until they get their crap together as stores do not take back ammo even if defective.,
    Why pull it?
    Why would the store take it back? That just seems stupidly dangerous if they took it back and put it on the shelves.
    If someone pulled bullets and changed powder then returned them, someone else bought them and they blew up his gun, who do you sue?
    Winchester because someone tampered with their ammo, or Canadian Tire for selling a product that someone tampered with?
    It's a Winchester issue, not a Canadian Tire issue, most of their products' warranty is dealt with the maker, not the seller.

so anyone with issues boycott and try to have ammo pulled!,
    Yeah, great idea, get all pissy and boycott one of the few store we have left that will have anything to do with guns.
    They've already stopped sales and pulled all of their SKSs in preparation of the Liberals banning them, so what the hell, let's get them to stopp selling ammo too, because it's too much of a headache.
    Our lives and money depend on it!
    It's your money, do with it what you will, but please explain how our lives depend on it.
    Just what class in your Mechanical Engineering course told you that a 308 bullet is going to be dangerous when a 310 bullet is going to be safe?
    It's two thousandths of an inch, and it's smaller.
    If anything, it'll have less drag, so it'll have less pressure, so it will have a less complete burn, which will lower the pressure even more...and so on.
    People have been going the other way for years, as 303 bullets were cheap and plentiful.
    Of course, a lot of them are dead now, but from old age or illness, not guns blowing up in their faces.

Come on, do some critical thinking.
    If you don't understand the mechanics of what's going on, ask, someone on the board will explain it, usually in great detail.
    It's what we do
    Don't come making a claim and try getting us all to slit the Canadian gun industry's throat a little bit more, it has enough genuine troubles as it is, we don't need people running around inventing them.

Winchester white box is usually the absolute cheapest ammo on the shelf, I don't think anyone expects it to be match grade.
    It'll go bang, and it'll continue dropping thousands of deer every year.
    And this coming from a guy that refuses to put anything Winchester in my guns.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

TheGreatBeard (11-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    It is most likely a Canadian Tire issue.

If ammo is the wrong caliber, mostly like is an issue with Canadian Tire.
    How is this Canadian Tire’s fault? OP said .308 bullets, implying wrong bullets in correct casings.
    Now if the OP meant wrong cartridges in paper cartons marked 303, (a) could be switched by someone but why or (b) OP can’t differentiate between bullets and cartridges which leaves the “sky is falling” warning a bit questionable.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"

Just finished mic'ing 100 residual Winchester 180 grn .303 Brits leftovers as I now shoot Privi.
    All came in at 0.3105. I think we have a non issue here, unless some one managed to get into Canadian Tires locked cabinets and swap cartridges between boxes (highly unlikely) or purchased some of each, went home, pulled the .303's and replaced them with .308 cal bullets. Also b.s. in my opinion. The sky isn't falling. Now, granted 100 is a minuscule sample size, but I'll take my chances.

a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

ps - anybody know why pictures get changed to landscape mode?

10. The Following User Liked This Post By GTW

Rory McCanuck (11-24-2017)

RobertMcC
    Must got a very shot out bore 303.

Because 2 thous of a inch is less than thickness of a sheet of paper. If I remember sheet of paper is around 10thous of a inch.

Banned
    Had to say this! If you shoot a 303 ammo is the least of your worries. Life is too short...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast