Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Day!

Oh forgot the suggestion of a little annealing on the brass that won't resize enough to squeeze the bullet anymore. Google and watch annealing videos. I do mine by hand with a plumbers propane torch and an awl in the primer hole counting to the same number on each case, then drop it in water.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

2. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

Rory McCanuck (12-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by g0rd0 View Post
    12 guage or 20?
    200 pellet holes would be around a half an ounce of #8's, so i wuold say 410
    In spite of all of man's grandiose achievements, he owes his continued existence to six inches of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    If I wrote down all the suggestions and insults thrown at me I would have a novel.
    Suggestions are always welcomed.

Insults you ignore.

Targets are 5 for $2.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Love your targets!! Keep enjoying yourself. If and when you do get into a little more precision separate the head stamps. Again enjoy yourself. If I wrote down all the suggestions and insults thrown at me I would have a novel.
    Its not really insults. Its valid questions. Why ask questions if your not going to listen? Good enough and stuff like that isn't the best when dealing with reloading. Hes seriously going to injure himself or others on the firing line. You normally only mass produce a load, AFTER you tested it. Just dont throw in powder and bullets and go. Plus whats up with the FPS? Only get that number with a Chrony. Cannot guess it. Its the pressure that he should be worried about not the FPS. Other calibers shoot that 150grn bullet faster than 1950 fps.

Seems like he has a lot of researching and education to do.

Ever hear the boy that cried wolf? sooner or later nobody going to bother answering his questions.

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

Linung, Are you shooting free hand? If so. I would use a bench rest. It would be a lot better.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 12-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

really hard to drag a bench rest into the wood, bush, etc if I were to shoot a deer, bear, elk, moose.... well maybe not a moose.

I go to the range and shoot cause I wanna go hunting. Someday. Eventually.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

Quote Originally Posted by linung View Post
    really hard to drag a bench rest into the wood, bush, etc if I were to shoot a deer, bear, elk, moose.... well maybe not a moose.

I go to the range and shoot cause I wanna go hunting. Someday. Eventually.
    Buddy. That did not answer my question. I am not trying to be a smart ass. I use a bench rest for target shooting. Sorry if I peed in your corn flakes.

It doesn't matter whether the gun they have is illegal or not they don't care about laws in the first place. You could make every gun illegal and you would still have these guys armed to the teeth it's not laws against guns we need laws against criminals !

Yes, but take a rest to the range.
    Test your loads using the rest, taking your shooting as far out of the equation as possible.
    If you twitch and shoot 2" to the right, but the bullet hits dead center, then you shoot again, but twitch 2" left and the bullet hits dead center, it reads as a great group, because you have two shots touching. In fact, it should be a 4" group.

Do a ladder test, from a rest.
    Find the charge weight that shoots the best, and make up another batch, at, and a little above and below that, to narrow down what is actually accurate.
    Then make up a small batch (20?) at that weight, and go shoot them from a rest, to prove the load.
    Once you're satisfied that they're good, then make up a big batch.
    Then use that to go shooting, working on stance, trigger pull, snap shooting, etc.
    That way, when you hit or miss something, you know it was you, not the ammo, that is responsible.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Rory McCanuck

ruger#1 (12-02-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    Buddy. That did not answer my question. I am not trying to be a smart ass. I use a bench rest for target shooting. Sorry if I peed in your corn flakes.
    sorry need sleep.

I forgot to add that I am free hand shooting before I started on my Hunting rant.

it just doesn't make sense to shoot good with a bench when you don't have a bench to shoot when hunting.
    Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast