Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    Things like of refrigerators and such are dumped because they do not want to pay the disposal fee. Stopped here for a while because the Hydro company paid $50 or $75 bucks for each one .But they stopped. I know guys used to pick them up off the side of the road and claim the money even.
    Not sure where you're from but the program is still on here in Mb. I believe the fridge has to be working.
    East of labroquerie is a set of pits on crown land that's been a dumping ground for ever. I asked a CO why they don't set up cameras, he said theres legal issues with that. I recently noticed folks posting pics on social media of people dumping there.
    THE WIND BLEW, SH!T FLEW, OUT CAME THE LINE CREW

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwp View Post
    Things like of refrigerators and such are dumped because they do not want to pay the disposal fee. Stopped here for a while because the Hydro company paid $50 or $75 bucks for each one .But they stopped. I know guys used to pick them up off the side of the road and claim the money even.
    Incentive is everything.

I wonder if landfills were free to dump, would people would still go to the woods with their garbage?

4. The Following User Liked This Post By sneakytrapper

Swampdonkey (07-03-2018)

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakytrapper View Post
    I wonder if landfills were free to dump, would people would still go to the woods with their garbage?
    Probably not, why waste the extra gas and take a chance of being caught, this is an unintended consequence of the "Nimby's" causing the cost to build new landfills to go so high.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakeyjake View Post
    Not sure where you're from but the program is still on here in Mb. I believe the fridge has to be working.
    East of labroquerie is a set of pits on crown land that's been a dumping ground for ever. I asked a CO why they don't set up cameras, he said theres legal issues with that. I recently noticed folks posting pics on social media of people dumping there.
    You can also drop off old appliances containing refrigerant at Brady landfill free of charge now too. If you happen to be in or near Winnipeg.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Countless moose shot out season and dumped a couple years ago near where I live. Suspicions on who is doing it but never heard anyone being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    This year they are catching a lot of poachers. I came across four dead Mule deer does one year. They were well off of any road. It is LEH draw area. The deer must of not been big enough. We had a CO come to our camp and I reported it to him. He didn't want to go look. Seems like he didn't want to dirty his shoes.
    It your area is anything like mine the CO's are stretched ridiculously thin and have to do lots of non-wildlife related duties like investigations of environmental issues. The CO you mentioned probably just had no time for another dead end investigation and the paperwork required. In my opinion, based on the COs I've met, they are pretty decent guys trying to do the best they can withvery limited resources.

We see 1/2 moose carcass all the time it's natives.

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua13 View Post
    We see 1/2 moose carcass all the time it's natives.
    So much for our wonderful "Stewards of the Land"; acting just like their stone age ancestors. They haven't learned a damn thing, just now using the modern tools given by the white man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123