870 Express vs. Wingmaster

Hi all,
    my first post on here since signing up just the other day. I have a 870 express that i got a few years ago that i use primarily for ducks and geese. I keep hearing about how great the Wingmaster is is compared to the Express and haev checked the stats on it online and with a few people i know that have fired both. Basically, what i am wondering is if it is worth upgrading from my current model to the more expensive Wingmaster? Anyone know what the differences in functioing/performace/quality are and if they are substantial enough to trade up? looking forward to hearing your responses

There is no real difference in the design between the two. The fit and finish will be better on the Wingmaster. If you already have an Express, I can't see any reason to upgrade to the Wingmaster.

I think wingmasters generally have vented rib barrels as well. I think the only reason to upgrade would be the rib and the better finishes. Functionally they'd be the same. 870's are damn good shotguns no matter which one you got.

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    It's the smoothness of the wingmaster that makes the difference. The wingmaster still gets polished and fitted, where as the express is just assembled and boxed. If you have lots of rounds through your express then everything will have smoothed itself out to being pretty close to a wingmaster.
    Remember: the opposite of "Far Right" is Far Wrong.

I have seen the difference first hand in the ones i owned, the wingmaster is polished and finished much better, very smooth to operate. The express i had was from a few years ago and i do think the quailty of the finish has slipped a bit more in recent years after looking at a few examples. It seems that the quality of just about all consumer goods is deteriorating or maybe i`m just becoming more critical in my old age. Oh crap i hope i`m not turning into a Fudd.

No you seem to be right. Everything nowadays is cheap and mass produced.