Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    www.aztecharmory.ca
    No update on these Hex mags yet, but I'll follow up with them again after the New Year.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

www.aztecharmory.ca
    So the Hex Mags are a no go. They did an exclusive run for another Canadian dealer and I don't think they will be doing more

According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol. Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Zahal just had similar mags deemed prohib (Elander mags stamped like yours) and Irunguns was just told the Hexmags are prohib too.

Be careful here.

Tagged for interest .
    " Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ The warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm. " .... " And I looked , and behold a pale horse ; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."...." I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon them.” ; Ezekiel 25:17

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol (*). Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Zahal just had similar mags deemed prohib (Elander mags stamped like yours) and Irunguns was just told the Hexmags are prohib too.

Be careful here.
    Please be so kind as to post a link to this (*) information. Thank you.

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    According to their website these seem to be designed for the AR-15 rifle, and remanufactured at your request for the LAR15 pistol. Unfortunately that means they should be pinned to 5.

Be careful here.
    As can be seen in photos in this thread the Hexmags were not properly marked, but I can't speak to the Elander ones, since I've not seen one. Maybe they were not marked correctly either.

According to the letter from the RCMP we have on file they need to be marked correctly and done so at the factory. These are manufactured by ASC as 10rd mags and marked at the factory appropriately according to said letter. Nowhere does it say they need to be in 10rd bodies.

As I've mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I've thoroughly reviewed the firearms act, the criminal code and all of the RCMP special bulletins for businesses and there is no reference to these mags anywhere. That said the RCMP is pretty good about informing us when they make new rules. For example, we have emails on file from them relating the the prohibition of the 80% AR lowers, the adoption of the SP1 standard, and the ruling on the 50 BW/458 mags needing to be limited to 5rds of 5.56, but nothing from them about these mags.

If anyone can provide something to demonstrate that an official determination has been made we would be very grateful.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Marshall

lone-wolf (06-11-2019)

This is from the original RCMP decision:

1. The Rock River Arms, LAR-15 Pistol qualifies as a "handgun, commonly available in Canada".

2. The cartridge magazine for this handgun as manufactured by C Products LLC has been deemed to be acceptable as a "handgun magazine" as it meets the following criterion:

a) It is designed and manufactured for use in a handgun commonly available in Canada and has a capacity of not more than ten cartridges of the kind or type for which the magazine was designed.

b) The cartridge magazine for this handgun as manufactured by C Products LLC is not an adaption of a magazine designed and manufactured for use in a semi-automatic rifle.

3. The design that has been found acceptable as a handgun magazine is held by the RCMP, Firearms Support Services, Firearms Reference Table Section as a "pattern". This particular design and NO other design is approved for use as a "handgun magazine for a handgun commonly available in Canada".

4. As an assist to identification, the cartridge magazines which have been deemed acceptable as a "a magazine for use in a handgun commonly available in Canada", bear the following identification markings on the body or magazine case, applied at the time of manufacture by the manufacturer:

RRA MODEL LAR-15 PISTOL MAGAZINE
    223 REM/5.56 MM NATO - 10 ROUND CAPACITY

NOTE: - No other ten shot capacity magazines are deemed acceptable as "a magazine for use in a handgun commonly available in Canada" as of 2007-03-12.
    https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...e=Mag%20Ruling

There is a reason for 10 years not one magazine with a 30 round body has been widely used with 10 rounds for the LAR15.

Here is a link to Zahals mags: http://www.zahal.org/products/cpd-la...ada-30-rounds?utm_source=canadiangunnutz.com&utm_medium=Picture& utm_campaign=2017%20September%20Special&utm_conten t=Product[/url]

They, too, were deemed prohibited. Big Bartons has what amounts to an appeal on the Hexmags with the RCMP right now, but I am not holding my breath.

What is the situation with these mags? I'd like to order some but dont see any on the website.

Been quite a few 30 round body 10 round pistol mags around lately.
    I never bought any as I thought only 10 round body was legal
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

I'd buy them but they're a bit too pricey
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123