Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    However, I think you can make three phase outlets, but you're using two circuits to make the one outlet.
    With 2 circuits which have to be 180 degrees out of phases you can double the voltage. Pretty much how one gets 240V in the house for stove,dryer etc. A common trick for people needing to run a 240V tool(welder,mill etc) is a cheater plug(two inputs and one output cord) when a 240V plug isn't available.

One can not get 3 phase power in a building only fed with two circuits,that being said one can run a 3 phase motor on a home 120/240V with some money(VFD or rotary phase converter) and effort to 'trick' the system. Just be aware that a 5HP 3PH motor run this way will not produce 5HP

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    With 2 circuits which have to be 180 degrees out of phases you can double the voltage. Pretty much how one gets 240V in the house for stove,dryer etc. A common trick for people needing to run a 240V tool(welder,mill etc) is a cheater plug(two inputs and one output cord) when a 240V plug isn't available.

One can not get 3 phase power in a building only fed with two circuits,that being said one can run a 3 phase motor on a home 120/240V with some money(VFD or rotary phase converter) and effort to 'trick' the system. Just be aware that a 5HP 3PH motor run this way will not produce 5HP
    And they use a lot of power. Phase inverters run $200.00-$1000.00 and horsepower loss is about 33%.
    Last edited by MarkR; 12-26-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    I never said house, and said he was likely turned around a bit. Read the full post, please

And three phase can be an option, but ya gotta pay extra to get. So farmers wouldn't get it a lot because of the few tools that would only be avail in three phase they don't really use much.

However, I think you can make three phase outlets, but you're using two circuits to make the one outlet.
    No, two circuits will only give 240V single phase.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By MarkR

Aniest (01-13-2022), lone-wolf (12-26-2017)

Remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with the Ghost Gunner system? I am interested in buying one not from the point I can make untraceable lowers but to use as an actual C&C machine for other things I might want to build like triggers etc. I have zero experience with C&C machines but always wanted to have this option on the bench....
    I have experience with the first two systems and the were gor lack of a better word fantastic, I was able to go to a product unveil for the third and watched it work its crazy fast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123