Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Any truth to the rumor that Marlin is coming out with a pistol version of the 795?

I think I'll wait for v2 with that crank loading handle so I don't end up with a sore thumb!

Memeber of CSSA, OFAH

More Shooting! Less Posting!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By linung

SIR VEYOR (12-21-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that Marlin is coming out with a pistol version of the 795?
    If they just stamp them with "designed and manufactured for Marlin rifles" you should be ok as long as they don't change the law. I don't think the RCMP wants their "10/22 platform" and "inherently designed" offerings tested in court, since they are so obviously outside of what the law actually says.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Damn....it doesn't look like Cabelas carries them, and WSS is stripped bare. Hummm....damn it you guys...I already have to buy a 795 tomorrow to test these things...now I need ANOTHER gun. It's ALL YOUR FAULT...at least when "she" asks, it's all your fault.
    If you're looking to sell the rifles post-testing, I always wanted to try out a 795.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If you're looking to sell the rifles post-testing, I always wanted to try out a 795.
    DO IT.... I love my Marlin 70 HC. Its the pre 795.
    When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by IJ22 View Post
    If they just stamp them with "designed and manufactured for Marlin rifles" you should be ok as long as they don't change the law. I don't think the RCMP wants their "10/22 platform" and "inherently designed" offerings tested in court, since they are so obviously outside of what the law actually says.
    The drum portion of the magazine isnt stamped with anything. Without the adapter neck, its just a drum full of 22LR that doesnt fit ANY gun. The adapter neck has 795 on it....and theres no pistol version of it, so everything is good. If for some reason they isolate out the 795, just switch the adapter neck...which isnt a magazine on its own either. We do have the design for other rifles already laid out. So...this begs the question...is the drum a magazine ? Is the adapter neck a magazine ?? Im guessing that this will add a whole new batch of WTF headaches to the legal end of things. As long as it doesnt fit a pistol, no laws broken.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

8. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

IJ22 (12-21-2017)

The drum, no laws broken.
    RCMP : Challenge accepted! Here, hold the maple syrup!

The drum portion of the magazine isnt stamped with anything. Without the adapter neck, its just a drum full of 22LR that doesnt fit ANY gun. The adapter neck has 795 on it....and theres no pistol version of it, so everything is good. If for some reason they isolate out the 795, just switch the adapter neck...which isnt a magazine on its own either. We do have the design for other rifles already laid out. So...this begs the question...is the drum a magazine ? Is the adapter neck a magazine ?? Im guessing that this will add a whole new batch of WTF headaches to the legal end of things. As long as it doesnt fit a pistol, no laws broken.
    Careful now... there is Canadian case law that says a magazine body is a prohibited device.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Careful now... there is Canadian case law that says a magazine body is a prohibited device.
    This is true...but it can still fit in a gun, right ? This magazine "body" doesnt fit in any gun, right ?
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    RCMP : Challenge accepted! Here, hold the maple syrup!
    Lets not call it a challenge. Im sure they will get around to it in their own time....if they can stop sexually harassing each other long enough. Lol. Its more of a new twist that nobody has seen before. Remember...this is the first magazine that 'can' be adapted to fit pretty much any 22lr....IF......we build the adapter neck for it. We already had the 10/22 pretty much ready to go when the mounties decided to save all the all the babies in Canada by banning everything over 10 rounds from us evil plinkes. As is stands right now, they dont have a leg to stand on. No pistol, no problem. If the cssa wins the 10/22 case, add $39.99 to your toy budget because we'll have the adapters for those made up in no time.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast