Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Not good news. They need some reworking. Due to the height of the stack, the cartriges want to catch the front of the mag too often....not really nose diving, but not clearing the edge of the mag everytime either. Once again, this project is on hold until we come up with a fix. This is why they dont put people on the first build of rockets. Lol. The good news is that the drums themselves function flawlessly. This is just a setback, not the end.
    Sounds like it's the angle of the dangle... perhaps the weight of the loaded drum.
    I hope it works out. I'm keen on your project

Just had a thought on them. My brain is still stuck in Ruger 10/22 design mode. We're still at the range...need to try a little modification. Will get back to you on this in a bit.
    No rush. Been 7+ yrs from first rumours, what's a few hours, days, months now? Final turnover is always longer than expected.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    No joy. I was wondering if I could file a tiny round grove out of the front of the mag adapter but it wont work. The feed ramp is literally dead even with the leading edge of the adapter. Doing anything with it would actually make it worse. What we really need for this is an adapter with a banana shape. Unfortunately, I think we're a little short on a set of stamping dies and a stamping press. Never fear...the Wright brothers didnt get it right on the first try either. Never give up !
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Deuce-deuce (12-23-2017), Rory McCanuck (12-23-2017), SIR VEYOR (12-23-2017)

While you're dicking around with that drum, Den... see if you can come up with an idea for a 25 round mag for the Cooey/Lakefield/Savage 64. I'd say do up an adapter for the drum, but it'll be way too big and clunky for a 7 year old. I can front you a mag for design and testing if you need one.
    Yes, you can fix stupid, but the stupid folks have passed laws against it. - FallisCowboy

hows it going with this project .....im very interested!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjenky View Post
    hows it going with this project .....im very interested!!!
    Since you’re obviously 22 drum hunting, anything not currently in retail is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.

Please google grizzly drum mag for the 12GA version and it should be sufficient foreshadowing for you...

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Since you’re obviously 22 drum hunting, anything not currently in retail is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.

Please google grizzly drum mag for the 12GA version and it should be sufficient foreshadowing for you...
    I’m always looking for drum mags. And just stumbled across this thread after stumbling across tundra Supply after reading some of the blacksmiths posts.....I’ll google your suggestion but wtf is foreshadowing lol!!!
    GSG drum mags are still available through IRG.....pinned of course!

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Sorry guys. Life has been getting in the way of this project for the past few months. I'm hoping to work on it after the store opens.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Sorry guys. Life has been getting in the way of this project for the past few months. I'm hoping to work on it after the store opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    No rush. Been 7+ yrs from first rumours, what's a few hours, days, months now? Final turnover is always longer than expected.
    8,9,10+ years, be still pulling for it. Just not going with the “happily surprised” should it ever kick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234