Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)

Marlin 795 drum magazines

I was going to test all off these before I posted anything, but what the hell. THEY'RE HERE !!!! Drum mags !!! These have a removable neck adapter on them. Right now, the only adapters we have are for the Marlin 795 (no handgun version of that, so they're legal). There are others planned for the future if there is a future for 22 drum mags. Yes, those are actual Marlin 795 magazines that are cast right into the necks, so there shouldn't be any feed issues.

Please read what follows carefully.

I've got exactly TWENTY of these right now. They're the only 20 that exist on the planet. They were made right here in good old Canada, by hand, one at a time. One is mine, and one is my partner Jon's. Who knows what's going to happen with magazine capacities when the liberals table their new bill in the new year. If they slap a broad limit on all 22 mags, any of these in my possession will be going though my band saw. If you own one, and they get banned, it's up to you what you do with them...as I am with all things that aren't hurting anyone, what anyone else does with their own property is none of my damned business.

I'll accept "I want one" pre-orders, but I'm not accepting any money until I've run at least a hand full of rounds through each of them. Jon and I are going out on Saturday to test them. After that, they're on the market, and there won't be anymore until after what we see is in that libtard bill coming in the new year. Please do not add your name to the list if you aren't 100% sure you want one. As long as all goes well on Saturday, when we get back Saturday night, we'll contact everyone who got their name in for the 18 that are available.

With the Marlin 795 adapter on them, they hold 130 rounds...at least the one I counted did. There is no speed loader. These are similar to the GSG ones where you move the rotor wheel with your thumb and drop the rounds in one at a time. The spring in them is plenty strong, so expect to have sore thumbs after shooting off a few of these. They can NOT be taken apart to be cleaned. They have install only screws holding the drum portion together. Opening one up will result in a very bad case of "spring in face" disease, so just don't mess with it.

They're $250 each, tax in + $20 shipping to the provinces if required. Remote areas may be a little more. EMT or cash. AGAIN...DO NOT SEND ME MONEY until we've tested them. I'll give a range report and video once we're back Saturday night.

GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

2. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

kennymo (12-20-2017), lone-wolf (12-20-2017), Rory McCanuck (12-20-2017), Swampdonkey (12-20-2017)

A couple more pics

GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Cool... very cool.

No I need a 795

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    Cool... very cool.

No I need a 795
    You are in luck, they're cheap like borscht, and sturdy as a Ukrainian grandmother....

Not to step on toes, but wouldn't this likely fit the papoose and other Marlin clip fed semis? I seem to recall there's an earlier and later style magazine (this is obviously the newer one), but I can't recall what year they switched over. It was stamped into the package of the last 795 mag I bought, 'all Marlin semi auto manufactured after such and such a date'. Sometime in the 90's I think?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    You are in luck, they're cheap like borscht, and sturdy as a Ukrainian grandmother....

Not to step on toes, but wouldn't this likely fit the papoose and other Marlin clip fed semis? I seem to recall there's an earlier and later style magazine (this is obviously the newer one), but I can't recall what year they switched over. It was stamped into the package of the last 795 mag I bought, 'all Marlin semi auto manufactured after such and such a date'. Sometime in the 90's I think?
    I was just googling around the same thing... I'm getting conflicting reports if it will work in a papoose. It'd be uber cool if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I was just googling around the same thing... I'm getting conflicting reports if it will work in a papoose. It'd be uber cool if it did.
    I know the Marlin 7 shot factory magazines are the same for both models.....fits a few others as well.

I'll be honest and admit that Id never heard of a Papoose before. If it takes the same magazines as the 795, then these should work.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I'll be honest and admit that Id never heard of a Papoose before. If it takes the same magazines as the 795, then these should work.
    Think takedown 795 in a floating suitcase with a couple of magazines. Basically their take on the survival rifle, I like them better than the Henry due to the stock not being shaped like a football.

Tomorrow's mission should be slipping into WSS one last time to see if the one on the rack survived the onslaught of the last price drop....

10. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (12-20-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Think takedown 795 in a floating suitcase with a couple of magazines. Basically their take on the survival rifle, I like them better than the Henry due to the stock not being shaped like a football.

Tomorrow's mission should be slipping into WSS one last time to see if the one on the rack survived the onslaught of the last price drop....
    Damn....it doesn't look like Cabelas carries them, and WSS is stripped bare. Hummm....damn it you guys...I already have to buy a 795 tomorrow to test these things...now I need ANOTHER gun. It's ALL YOUR FAULT...at least when "she" asks, it's all your fault.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

12. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

kennymo (12-21-2017)

Business expense.
    As all my non business owning friends tell me "Just write it off."
    I guess then it's free?
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast