Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    It was done through the Canadian International Trade Tribunal though. Thats not the legal courts is it ? Can this still not be dragged through there ?
    Ah, I think you're right.
    I saw "appeal was dismissed" and assumed it was a normal appellant court.

The case was heard before Daniel Petit of the Canadian International Trade Tribunal
    and he doesn't seem to be a judge, and it was a tribunal not a court.
    He's a lawyer, who was a federal MP for Conservatives in Quebec from 2006-2011
    http://www.citt.gc.ca/en/members-biographies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle...-Saint-Charles

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    If the cop doesn't like you(you're some vocal pro gun troublemaker), I guarantee you will be charged. I don't care if you have a butter knife in your pocket.
    Punishment by process and to scare your comrades.
    I'm so screwed!

Seriously though, if this goes to the SCC and the decision comes back that CBSA was incorrect in their interpretation of the law; will anyone at CBSA lose their job and pension? We all know that answer and that is just so wrong. I consider misinterpretation of the law to be gross incompetence, given what these people are paid to do. This is another reason why our country is becoming a shyte hole; there is no negative consequence for these empire building, bureaucrats pushing their personal agendas. Yes, the corruption is strong in Kanukistan, just not as obvious as in other third world hellholes.
    Last edited by FallisCowboy; 01-08-2018 at 09:23 AM.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By FallisCowboy

Smc (01-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FallisCowboy View Post
    I'm so screwed!

Seriously though, if this goes to the SCC and the decision comes back that CBSA was incorrect in their interpretation of the law; will anyone at CBSA lose their job and pension? We all know that answer and that is just so wrong. I consider misinterpretation of the law to be gross incompetence, given what these people are paid to do. This is another reason why our country is becoming a shyte hole; there is no negative consequence for these empire building, bureaucrats pushing their personal agendas. Yes, the corruption is strong in Kanukistan, just not as obvious as in other third world hellholes.
    Yup

That is a large problem with laws. When you can have different agencies interpret that law differently, then maybe it's time those "laws" were rewritten/clarified for all.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

FallisCowboy (01-08-2018)

Boy am I glad I dont own any knives that will fall into this catagory...oh hey Mike...how was your drive down from Canmore?
    Liberal party of Canada-Useless since 1867

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By murph83

FallisCowboy (01-08-2018), Laramie Longhorn (01-09-2018), Neil Burke (01-08-2018)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    Boy am I glad I dont own any knives that will fall into this catagory...oh hey Mike...how was your drive down from Canmore?
    Ive got bad news bud. Mike was fiddling with a box of knives I gave him when he flipped his truck. He rolled down an embankment into a very deep lake. They havent found any trace of him or his truck.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

10. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

zulu (01-17-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Ive got bad news bud. Mike was fiddling with a box of knives I gave him when he flipped his truck. He rolled down an embankment into a very deep lake. They havent found any trace of him or his truck.
    May he rest in peace.
    Remember High River!

Just the CBSA Clowns out there power tripping again while they rub their little pistols.....this crap never seems to end .
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Gunexpert007

blacksmithden (01-08-2018), FallisCowboy (01-08-2018)

Decided that being pink is in
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    Just the CBSA Clowns out there power tripping again while they rub their little pistols.....this crap never seems to end .
    As I posted previously, this will not end until all power tripping bureaucrats get their careers ended or seriously jeopardized when they get caught doing this crap. That goes for ALL government employees. Career uncertainty works very well to weed out the incompetent in the private sector, time to use it improve the quality of our public sector workers. After all they are OUR employees and should be reminded of that fact constantly.

Need to go before a judge with two of the exact same knife. One well used that can be "flicked" open and a brand new one that cannot.....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast