Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1154
    I totally agree with you guys on the benefits of gold. It's clearly the one to get a hold of when the price is good!

That said though, this weekend the gold to silver ratio was something like 93:1. Since the theory I liked and therefore currently subscribe to is 'an ounce of gold is worth an ounce of gold, the thing that changes is dollars needed to buy it', the GSR says that silver is the cheap deal right now (Relative to gold).

So that was my logical reasoning. The kicker of course is that if I had invested in gold, my Scrooge McDuck dive would have been a face plant onto a single coin. That and I've always loved silver!

Hopefully I've made a sound investment into the world of precious metal bullion. I feel pretty confident!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

I got some random 1oz rounds in my order, they were all the apmex silver rounds in vacuumed sealed pouches. Very nice.

the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By lone-wolf

firemachine69 (10-08-2019), Hidyn (07-12-2019)

I got a couple of those myself! Agreed, they were packaged very nicely in pristine condition. They were probably never taken out of the sheet since they were put in there after minting.

I didn't put any thought into how hard it might be to actually let go of these things!
    "You can break the surgical procedure of removing an appendix down into about 30-35 individual steps each of which is not overly complicated or beyond an enthusiastic amateur."

-Survival and Austere Medicine, 3rd ed.

So, just dipping my toes in the water. I see the Silvergoldbull, looks intriguing but what are the laws of buying bullion south of the line and moving it north a little at a time? We have a residence in TX and we fly back and forth aplenty....... We are completely ignorant with this kind of thing so kinda looking for a Coles notes version?!? If I can't save any money down south this is all a moot point, I have to ask around what a reputable house is in TX.

stay under $10,000 in value of ALL forms of money and you cool at the border afaik

I believe Silver Gold Bull is Canadian and ships from Canada.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Indeed, they're Canadian. But they also have a US location and can ship from there as well.

Just looking at the one year avg on Gold, little torn - should have done what I'm thinking in late May of this year...... When to jump in?!?!?! Besides years ago when I couldn't rub two beer cans together LOL.

You jump in when you think there's room for the price to appreciate, a decision you alone can make! However, don't think of gold/silver as investments, while they can be used as such their real value is for the storage of wealth. Investments based on paper can vanish overnight, historical examples abound but the value of gold/silver, property, whisky, bacon, etc. is always recoverable.
    We were told he wasn't ready, now we know he will never be!

Dove in headfirst yesterday evening and the wife was even entertained with the whole process. I told her 3-5% of my net from now on every month and she can pick between the various metals. Are the antique or rarer coins worth the markup? To my pea brain it is just the currency value of a 1 or 2oz coin or 10oz bar, am I off base with this line of thinking? I did get sucked in on a few silver coins that appealed to my rebel streak tho........ Buying gold is pretty breathtaking!