Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Hmmm. Iíve got a 12.5 license. Hmm. I like full auto. What province is the case from?
    The link in Post #14 was ~2001, since it's talking about Bill C-15B in the present tense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    It was on mine as well, haven't had time to watch yet...
    You can set your filter higher to avoid junk mail.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The link in Post #14 was ~2001, since it's talking about Bill C-15B in the present tense.
    I missed the "from link..." first time around and thought it was something you wrote. Damn you RB, I had dreams of pretty awesome safe queen!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Dictionary of the future:
    Global Warming was a popular computer simulation game,
    where the only way to win was not to play.

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, Canada was the first to adopt the FAL (with inch pattern drawings) in 1955. C1A1 built by Canadian Arsenals.
    We did have a batch of Belgium made metric pattern rifles for trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    "...U.S. got shafted out of the FN FAL..." That's nonsense. The inferior in every way but accuracy M-14 was adopted because it was American. Done so for political reasons, just like when they adopted the M-16 10 years later.
    The British round was not used in the American tests. It was thrown out at the insistence of the U.S who were busy jamming the 7.62x51 down the rest of NATO's throats. The U.S. threaten to take the money and troops out of NATO if they didn't get their way. Just like when they adopted the M-16 10 years later and jammed the 5.56 down other NATO countries throats. NOBODY wanted either rifle or cartridge.
    "...C1A1 built by Canadian Arsenals...." Longbranch plant in Mississauga, Ont. Same as our No. 4 Lee-Enfields, BRENS, et al. Still trying to figure out how the very last(documented as such too) C1A1 got released to civilians. The thing came though the shop I worked in long ago.
    "...us Yanks are happy with our M14s..." That's because you had nothing to compare 'em with.
    "...trashing all of their hopes for scholarships..." No such thing as a 'sports' scholarship in Canada. Pro careers in hockey don't come out of U.S. universities either. And FAL's were declared evil long before Rock was ever heard of.
    ??

We can buy any model of firearm. I'm not a fan of the M14 or FN FAL but I have fired both and I would prefer the M14. I'd take an AR10 pattern rifle over either though.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGO View Post
    ??

We can buy any model of firearm. I'm not a fan of the M14 or FN FAL but I have fired both and I would prefer the M14. I'd take an AR10 pattern rifle over either though.
    it's a tough call between the FAL or a REAL AR-10! The M-14 is ok but still #3 on that list.
    12.3 001.jpg

Top- TRW M-14- Built in 1961
    Middle- Belgian FN-FAL- Built in 1975
    Bottom- Sudanese AR-10- Built in 1958
    Last edited by FALover; 10-29-2018 at 11:20 PM.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

7. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By FALover

CGO (10-29-2018), Doug_M (10-29-2018), ESnel (10-29-2018), joe6167 (10-30-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    it's a tough call between the FAL or a REAL AR-10! The M-14 is ok but still #3 on that list.
    12.3 001.jpg
    I am truly envious of that AR10.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By CGO

Doug_M (10-30-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123