Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Sparc can be had for under $300
    The magnifier won't be any good without a red dot, so the combo would certainly be a bit more than he's looking to spend.
    Wish they made like a 2x compact red dot prisim sight, that was the price of a reddot. Sometimes I wouldn't want a dot, but a crossair. Because with my astigmatism. Any brightness other than low, the dot are star shape and bigger than they should.

Thanks guys, I had never thought of a red dot as an iron sight replacement. I always considered it on par with a scope but understand better now.

I see a Bushnell TRS-25 on Amazon, is this what we're talking about? I haven't found any of the others yet: https://www.amazon.ca/Bushnell-Troph...%2Bsights&th=1

Also there's a cheap one from RioRand: https://www.amazon.ca/RioRand-Reflex...red+dot+sights
    CCFR CSSA

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by BaBam View Post
    Thanks guys, I had never thought of a red dot as an iron sight replacement. I always considered it on par with a scope but understand better now.

I see a Bushnell TRS-25 on Amazon, is this what we're talking about? I haven't found any of the others yet: https://www.amazon.ca/Bushnell-Troph...%2Bsights&th=1

Also there's a cheap one from RioRand: https://www.amazon.ca/RioRand-Reflex...red+dot+sights
    Get the TRS, plus only 78$ + 6$ shipping. Amazon bumped the price up to over 130$. I bought mine when it was 100$ + taxes.

I had the RioRand and its literately crap and useless. It probably wouldn't withstand any recoil, The glass is blurry. I couldn't even use it on a airgun.

As someone who has tried cheap ones over the years, get a halfway decent one. Bushnell, burris, vortex etc all have relatively cheap models. The problem with the utg, gsg, and other "off brand" red dots is the quality quite frankly sucks. I mean its great if you break it to go buy another one, but i have found wandering zeros, having to use vice grips to tighten down the mounts so they stay tight and crappy glass and or dot dimensions are common with the cheaper ones.

The trs-25 for 2x the price is a huge step up, has a great reputation and has a decent warranty.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Thanks, I'll order the TRS

Now I'm thinking it'll look cool on a defender style short barreled shotgun
    CCFR CSSA

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By BaBam

Haywire1 (04-03-2018), Hidyn (04-04-2018)

Be careful with that amazon link you posted, 78 bucks is 50 less then it usually sells for, and if you go down on page you see the frequently bought together, add the two $15.00 items and price goes up $70.00, so I think they made a mistake on just the red dot.

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    Be careful with that amazon link you posted, 78 bucks is 50 less then it usually sells for, and if you go down on page you see the frequently bought together, add the two $15.00 items and price goes up $70.00, so I think they made a mistake on just the red dot.
    Not really. I bought mine for 102 off Amazon in Nov. Than bought another slightly used off a person for 70+ Shipping.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

lone-wolf (04-03-2018)

My son has a Trijicon on his X95 Tavor and likes it. Uses it past 300 with good accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire1 View Post
    As someone who has tried cheap ones over the years, get a halfway decent one. Bushnell, burris, vortex etc all have relatively cheap models. The problem with the utg, gsg, and other "off brand" red dots is the quality quite frankly sucks. I mean its great if you break it to go buy another one, but i have found wandering zeros, having to use vice grips to tighten down the mounts so they stay tight and crappy glass and or dot dimensions are common with the cheaper ones.

The trs-25 for 2x the price is a huge step up, has a great reputation and has a decent warranty.
    We put one of those on my buddy's slug gun and it is sweet.
    He got it used and the switch is boogered so it eats batteries if you don't pull them, but that's not such a big deal.
    The batteries are just cheap ones, 2032 I think?
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for that clown. Oct 20, '15

I read a very thorough review with a bunch of shooters doing a round robin trial with a pile of red dots.

The bushnell came out on top, so I bought one. Very happy with it! Works great even in bright daylight. Appearantly I grossly over paid for mine but I still think I'll buy another one.
    Last edited by Hidyn; 04-04-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast