Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar

Leupold std rings

Iíve got a rifle with the Leupold std rings and bases that twist on using a inner dove tail. Iíve never used this type of mount and rings before. The internet says you could have alignment issues with his system if you donít do it right. Iím not too worried about that but I am worried about with they are worth using. Does this odd design and cheap design hold zero? Iím looking at mounting a Swarovski and Iím not worried about the cost of rings. I will use these if they are indeed effective. Any experience and advice will be heard by me

I've been researching rings the last couple days, the std rings seem to be considered on the cheap side from the reviews I've come across. Ymmv of course
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Canadian ForcesGOC Supreme commander zulu's Avatar
    See that’s what I’m worried about. They have great reviews but at the super cheap price point I think that may be the reason behind those great reviews.

Leupold std rings

Me Think's I better return the ones I just purchased!
    Thank's for starting this thread.

Banned
    They work well. I have them on half a dozen BLR's and have never had an issue.

RobertMcC
    Ive used them and never had a issue. Pops has a set on his Mauser and been fine for the last 15 years.

Used them on my BLR when I had it, it came with the mount so I just went for it. No troubles, but I’ve been told removing and reinstalling the twist lock ring multiple times will eventually cause a loose fit. Though I’ve had gun shop employees tell me a wide variety of things that proved to be wrong or just personal opinion....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Dual Dovetail rings and mounts are some of the strongest mounting mechanisms made by Leupold. Once set, you can’t knock them out of alignment. That’s what I have on my Model 70 with a Swarovski scope. The only drawback is you cannot compensate for windage alignment issues if present.
    "Mr. Speaker, we really could replace Justin Trudeau with a cardboard cutout, and his peanut gallery wouldn't know the difference"