Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snowflake Chicken Now Available in UK

My apologies for the text and pic size. Doing this on the road with cell phone, lol. However, thought it was worth posting. What a world we live in! (I don’t think this has been posted. Apologies if so. Been away.)

U.K. supermarket chain to offer 'snowflake chicken' for those afraid to touch raw meat

'Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat,' a Sainsbury's representative says

Handling raw chicken is apparently too much for some customers to handle, a U.K. supermarket company says.Getty Images

Dissociation is inherent to eating meat. Bacon isn’t pig flesh – it’s pork. Steak isn’t cow meat, but beef. Psychologists refer to this perplexing situation as the meat paradox. Most people care about animals, yet many of those same people also enjoy eating them.
    The packaging and labelling of meat is key to persuading people to consume it. In a 2016 study on the meat paradox, participants avoided eating lamb chops when confronted with an image of a fuzzy lamb on the label. The use of animal names – cow and pig, rather than types of meat – had a similar effect.
    Now, in what could create an even deeper chasm between consumer choices and the reality of animal consumption, a U.K. supermarket chain is launching “touch-free” chicken-in-a-pouch on May 3.
    After learning that 37 per cent of young cooks prefer not to handle raw meat, Sainsbury’s is rolling out “doypacks”– plastic pouches that don’t require any tactile engagement on the part of the cook.
    “Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat. These bags allow people, especially those who are time-poor, to just ‘rip and tip’ the meat straight into the frying pan without touching it,” Katherine Hall, Sainsbury’s product development manager, told The Sunday Times.
    The plan is already facing backlash from environmentalists who claim it will create unnecessary waste. Others are concerned about what this perceived need for “snowflake chicken” says about our current food culture.
    “Is this a belated April Fool?! Instead of trying to cut plastic, @sainsburys is going to introduce special

pouches for raw meat because – get this – snowflake millennials can’t handle cutting it up. Pandering to a minority at the expense of the planet? Sheer stupidity,” Michelle Davies said.
    Ruth Mason, chief food chain adviser at the National Farmers’ Union, told the MailOnline: “We find it disconcerting that shoppers are so removed from their food that they have these concerns.”

http://nationalpost.com/life/food/u-...touch-raw-meat
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Like I've been saying, pull the plug and let her sink slowly to the bottom of the north sea.
    Green is the new Red

3. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By killer kane

50 B.M.G. (04-17-2018), FallisCowboy (04-17-2018), glockfan (04-18-2018), ruger#1 (04-17-2018), Suputin (04-18-2018)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    A few years back, I dragged junior out deer hunting with me. I didn't force him to get out of the truck and watch me gut it. He did it of his own accord. I knew that was a life learning moment for him, so I just let it happen. He knows where his food comes from, and he's fine with it. Thank god he won't have to pay the premium for snowflake packaged food. Personally, I'd mark it up an additional 50 percent just to act as a motivator for "young cooks" to get over their bubble wrap induced mental disorders.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

5. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Airwolf (04-19-2018), FallisCowboy (04-17-2018), M1917 Enfield (04-17-2018), Neil Burke (04-17-2018), Swampdonkey (04-17-2018)

That article is an excellent indicator of what city's will look like if the power went out and the trucks stopped coming for a couple wks.

Think mad max meets looney tunes.

7. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By BruceW

M1917 Enfield (04-17-2018), ruger#1 (04-17-2018), Suputin (04-18-2018), Swampdonkey (04-17-2018)

Having had a real rip-roaring case of salmonella one time, I can sympathise about the chicken because my bout left me with some sort of weird reaction with exposure to even one bug, apparently. But the rest is silly and another step down the road to where everyone in the UK is eating nothing but processed yeast cutlets and hydroponic vegetables that have never touched actual dirt.
    Last edited by Ruff; 04-17-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: sp
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    My apologies for the text and pic size. Doing this on the road with cell phone, lol. However, thought it was worth posting. What a world we live in! (I don’t think this has been posted. Apologies if so. Been away.)

U.K. supermarket chain to offer 'snowflake chicken' for those afraid to touch raw meat

'Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat,' a Sainsbury's representative says

Handling raw chicken is apparently too much for some customers to handle, a U.K. supermarket company says.Getty Images

Dissociation is inherent to eating meat. Bacon isn’t pig flesh – it’s pork. Steak isn’t cow meat, but beef. Psychologists refer to this perplexing situation as the meat paradox. Most people care about animals, yet many of those same people also enjoy eating them.
    The packaging and labelling of meat is key to persuading people to consume it. In a 2016 study on the meat paradox, participants avoided eating lamb chops when confronted with an image of a fuzzy lamb on the label. The use of animal names – cow and pig, rather than types of meat – had a similar effect.
    Now, in what could create an even deeper chasm between consumer choices and the reality of animal consumption, a U.K. supermarket chain is launching “touch-free” chicken-in-a-pouch on May 3.
    After learning that 37 per cent of young cooks prefer not to handle raw meat, Sainsbury’s is rolling out “doypacks”– plastic pouches that don’t require any tactile engagement on the part of the cook.
    “Customers, particularly younger ones, are quite scared of touching raw meat. These bags allow people, especially those who are time-poor, to just ‘rip and tip’ the meat straight into the frying pan without touching it,” Katherine Hall, Sainsbury’s product development manager, told The Sunday Times.
    The plan is already facing backlash from environmentalists who claim it will create unnecessary waste. Others are concerned about what this perceived need for “snowflake chicken” says about our current food culture.
    “Is this a belated April Fool?! Instead of trying to cut plastic, @sainsburys is going to introduce special

pouches for raw meat because – get this – snowflake millennials can’t handle cutting it up. Pandering to a minority at the expense of the planet? Sheer stupidity,” Michelle Davies said.
    Ruth Mason, chief food chain adviser at the National Farmers’ Union, told the MailOnline: “We find it disconcerting that shoppers are so removed from their food that they have these concerns.”

http://nationalpost.com/life/food/u-...touch-raw-meat
    English is pretty unique in that regard, nearly if not all of our double food words being thanks to the Norman invasion, and what's more we still do it ( as with "escargot"). Most languages don't have that split, if in fact any do, and people still like meat just fine
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Ruff

Swampdonkey (04-17-2018)

Good thing they used tearable bags since they can’t have knives.
    Please refer to me as Waynetheperson, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

12. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By Waynetheman

Airwolf (04-19-2018), blacksmithden (04-17-2018), Canuck (04-17-2018), coastal (04-18-2018), FallisCowboy (04-17-2018), kennymo (04-18-2018), Mobusten (04-19-2018), Ruff (04-18-2018)

Legitimately afraid of touching raw meat?.......I was just about to check the news, but this is more than enough stupid for today.

God forbid they cut themselves in the kitchen, they might bleed out before they work up the nerve to put pressure on the wound

Quote Originally Posted by DasMauser View Post
    Legitimately afraid of touching raw meat?.......I was just about to check the news, but this is more than enough stupid for today.

God forbid they cut themselves in the kitchen, they might bleed out before they work up the nerve to put pressure on the wound
    No worries there they’d need a knife to do it.
    Please refer to me as Waynetheperson, I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Waynetheman

DasMauser (04-17-2018), FallisCowboy (04-17-2018)

i hope i'll be gone when the millenial snowflakes will enter in power .what a complete mess this country is bond to be inside the next 10 years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I was hoping he would show up and do something useful in front of the cameras. Like beat the flames out with his face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magi View Post
    This intellectual midget needs to rub the contents of a large tube of PREPARATION H® on his ego and then smack himself with the empty tube until he's in a permanent coma. !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast