Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Securing your privacy, gun owners leaving memberships in open

So, before I begin, people can do what ever they want as far as I'm concerned, but in this case, as a fellow gun owner, I feel the need to share my thoughts as it pertains to all of us in the community, not just for your own safety, but your privacy as well. That being said, I respect this persons privacy so i redacted their personal info, but obviously this particular individual does not respect his/her own privacy. I took this photo of someones gun club membership hanging off their rear view mirror in a parking lot in Toronto, the ID has a picture of their face, full name, badge number and type of restrictions and what club they belong to. As you can see it says ATT, obviously owns restricted. A criminals wet dream. The point of this thread guys n gals is not to shame this person but to bring up the obvious, its okay to be proud of your sport, but don't give the world your private information.

Some people are just asking for it

Pretty hard to be a cool dude if you aren't showing off your gun membership.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By wolver

IJ22 (05-07-2018)

I remember where in one of those ridiculous Jason Bourne movies the douchebag playing Bourne is terrified by his mysterious super ability to tell which vehicles in the (US) parking lot are likely to contain firearms. It's actually not that hard.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I remember where in one of those ridiculous Jason Bourne movies the douchebag playing Bourne is terrified by his mysterious super ability to tell which vehicles in the (US) parking lot are likely to contain firearms. It's actually not that hard.
    It's in the original Bourne Identity and he's in a truck stop in Germany. So yeah, pretty rare to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by triq View Post
    It's in the original Bourne Identity and he's in a truck stop in Germany. So yeah, pretty rare to find one.
    Oh, he was in Germany? They surpassed even the stupidity I was giving them credit for.
    "All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing." --John O'Sullivan (1989)

CCFR, CSSA, NRA, and OFAH (yeah, I know)

Off topic in four posts. The original Bourne Identity is not reality.
    Someone's gun club membership hanging off their rear view mirror is an invitation to a criminal to break into one's vehicle. Mind you, I had an "Insured by Smith and Wesson" bumper sticker on my old Samurai when living in the slums of Guelph, years ago. Nobody ever touched it.

RobertMcC
    I guess that takes the plastering your vech with firearm stickers. To let people know you own guns, to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    Pretty hard to be a cool dude if you aren't showing off your gun membership.
    Same thing with the ricers leaving their dial in from the drag strip on the windshield. For a month.

And it was only in the 15's, I was embarrassed for them, well, not really.
    Madness is like gravity, all it takes is a little push

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by Run 'n' Gun View Post
    Same thing with the ricers leaving their dial in from the drag strip on the windshield. For a month.

And it was only in the 15's, I was embarrassed for them, well, not really.
    Around here we have this event called MVOC ( Maritimes Volkswagen Owners Club ) around June. Its for VW/Audis. You will see people months, sometimes a year later. Still rocking the large decals from the rally from NS to NB.

Woopie Do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast