Thread: CZ 858 Tactical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    “Fewer takers and lower prices”... both numbers will keep dropping.
    CZ and Swiss Arms. When I looked at it there was a date for the grandfathering of June 30 2018. Why that date, it being a future date, was chosen.
    -- Julie Dabrusin, Liberal, SECU, May 8 2018 near 1h 32m

June 30 was chosen to provide a certain period of notice to owners and vendors of these firearms before the legal status of them would change. It provides time for people who may own a firearm to decide if they wish to remain an owner of the firearm, whether they wish to comply with the requirements that will be in place to become a grandfathered owner, it also allows for vendors and importers to make their plans about what they may wish to do with inventories or imports of an item that is about to become a prohibited firearm.
    -- Randall Koops, Dept of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, SECU, May 8 2018 near 1h 33m

The reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering how that impacts the market for these firearms. Whether it makes them more desirable during that period.
    -- Julie Dabrusin, Liberal, SECU, May 8 2018 near 1h 33m

I think in general it makes them less desirable. From the perspective of one has significantly reduced opportunities to sell the firearm because one can only sell it to another grandfathered owner. So the firearms are less attractive from that perspective in the sense of their market value.
    -- Randall Koops, Dept of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, SECU, May 8 2018 near 1h 34m

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

livewire (05-15-2018)