Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chiappa 1911-22 thoughts?

Iíve got a coworker looking at the Chiappa 1911 22LR handgun. But, he canít seem to find much for feedback on it.

He wants to play cheaper that his Girsan 9mm sometimes at the range. I think the $300 Cabelas price tag is most of the appeal. The GSG 1911 is a proven performer, but closer to $500. For that money, Iíd rather point out the GSG MP40 in 22.

Anybody shoot the Chiappa regularly, or had it and hate it?

I havenít bothered discussing the grip angle between his Girsan and a 1911. No point unless I find something as good as the Chiappa at a similar price point.

RobertMcC
    Buy a used GSG for around 300$. I wouldn't buy a Chiappa, unless its one of their levers or revolvers.

Good news, I’m selling a much bette Browning 1911-22 on this very forum!
    I have no signature block.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Mark-II (06-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Buy a used GSG for around 300$. I wouldn't buy a Chiappa, unless its one of their levers or revolvers.
    He’s not a forum hunting kinda guy, but he’s not opposed to the used route...

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Good news, I’m selling a much bette Browning 1911-22 on this very forum!
    I mentioned it to him, and warned about number of mags when buying new sometimes to coax him up, but no go.

Well, if you can drop your price to “jihad sale” of $300ish, then it’s likely a deal. He’s reluctant to almost double his cost. He’s in AB, so 5% not almost 20% markup if he was getting new..

Sorry man, but these sell for $700-$800 and I’m only asking $500. I’d only consider $300 if he were throwing in a lot of other stuff

GSG $425 at a site sponsor - free ship
    https://theammosource.com/gsg-1911-2...free-shipping/
    mags $40
    buy once cry once

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Sorry man, but these sell for $700-$800 and I’m only asking $500. I’d only consider $300 if he were throwing in a lot of other stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by LB303 View Post
    GSG $425 at a site sponsor - free ship
    https://theammosource.com/gsg-1911-2...free-shipping/
    mags $40
    buy once cry once
    Everybody chill, Like I said, he’s currently fixated on a price point. So, if it’s not at that kinda price point, it’s not likely at this time. His money, his decisions. I said I’d see what I could hear about them. I was just poking fun at Pets jihad on 1911s is all by saying it’d go for $300.

So far not much for first hand info on Chiappa, but a lot of enthusiasm for going up the to GSG or Browning, going the used route. Maybe Tundra Supply’s grand opening deals can open his wallet better.

Fair enough. As an aside, I hate 1911s more because 45acp is a terrible cartridge than it is because of the gun itself. Obviously I know that there are some extremely well built 1911s out there, but 45acp is a terrible performer.

It is so fat that it severely limits capacity, but worse, it’s so low velocity that it’s not even a powerful round, either. At least 44 mag is fast so the limited capacity is offset.

But shooting 45acp has the drop of a football punt. I always laugh when 45 fans pick on 9mm, but 10mm outperforms 45acp on both energy and capacity.

All that to say, I don’t hate the 1911. If you’re going to buy a 22 handgun, I don’t think you can do better than the Browning 1911-22. I love it so much that I’m only selling it to buy the even better Black Label edition.

If your friend is limited to a budget, I’m not sure that he’ll find a good 22 handgun for $300 or less.

I've keep my eye on a sig 1911-22 for some time.

I'd snatch it up if it gets to low 300's.

Member of CWTF, NDA, CSSA, OFAH

I am a reloader, because I like the freedom to shoot without limits.
    all I gotta do is load MOAR!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast